S A T U R D A Y NIGHT! What's for Dinner Feb 22, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Wow! Almost six PM and no dinner thread! I'm making hambugers here. potato salad, chips, and green salad as the sides.

What's everyone else making?

I made stuffed peppers. While grocery shopping this morning I found a bag of 4 good sized peppers for $1 in the clearance bin. So that was dinner today.

Think I'll doctor up the leftover chicken and noodles with some veggies and cheese.

I'm making dinner for the first time in almost two months, I think. Just haven't had the energy.

I've cut up some celery, four colors of bell peppers, and an onion and thawed a pound of chicken breast to make chicken stir-fry. Taking a break, then will do the stir-fry and steam the rice in the microwave. I'm also going to do a quick cucumber pickle, with rice vinegar, salt, sugar, and a bit of cayenne pepper.

Homemade loaded pizza (sauce, venison pepperettes, peppers, mushrooms, sauerkraut, moz. - the only thing that was purchased was the cheese and mushrooms, everything else was in the pantry or freezer--pepperettes compliments of a friend), and homemade carrot cake.

I finally made the beef and barley soup. It turned out really good. We had that and grilled cheese sandwiches (Jarlsberg, salsa, and sliced onions on whole grain, sourdough bread). That was very filling and satisfying.

Looks like a burger night! I did burgers too. With potato salad and green salads. I sauteed some onions and mushrooms for on the burgers too.

We had creamy lemon chicken with pasta and some steamed brussels sprouts with a garlicky butter sauce. It was all I had the energy for tonight.

Just the name 'creamy lemon chicken' sound wonderful!!!

We had creamy lemon chicken with pasta and some steamed brussels sprouts with a garlicky butter sauce. It was all I had the energy for tonight.

I am overstocked on meat at the moment. I get suckered into buying what ever meat is on sale at the local natural type grocery. So I crockpotted some grass fed chuck steak into a mighty fine pot roast, from the assortment of meats in the freezer.

We had a veritable smorgasbord of...must-goes. Himself had sushi (at least that was today's fresh), the last stuffed pepper, and the veggies from the roast chicken. I finished the coleslaw and made a sandwich from the one leftover swai fillet. Still have enough leftovers for another couple days. :ermm: If we're to have any of the gingerbread I made last night we'll have to wait a while. *blort*

We had a Japanese themed party with friends tonight. We rolled our own sushi and made yakitori. Everyone contributed something. One of the guests, who doesn't cook much, is talented with clay. So she made the dishes that the sushi was served on, as well as the chopsticks!

It was a fun evening!

img_1346531_0_900fe67147aab4cbd809c7b56d4fd627.jpg

img_1346531_1_ce385cce9bf8753bbc648540169cd66b.jpg

We were out this afternoon, so decided to go to a Greek restaurant for dinner. I had my favorite, Moussaka. It was served with roasted potatoes rice, veggies and pita bread. DH had the beef souvlaki served with the same sides. We ordered fried calamari as an appetizer. Everything was quite delicious. Huge portions, I brought half of mine home. :).

We had a late lunch at a Mexican Restaurant, so dinner tonight was dessert. Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Coffee.

Back
Top Bottom