S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y supper Feb. 1, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I still have 3/4 of the pot of chili I made on Thursday. That will go back in the crock pot and warm all afternoon. I'm heading out to the grocery later today and will pick up salad fixings and toppings for the chili. I thought about making some cornbread but DH doesn't really like it so I'll just get some nice crusty rolls or bread at the store.

What are you guys making today?

Spaghetti bolognese is always right..

We had Burritos with ground beef and baked beans.. and a nice Tomato Salsa and the wonderful Guacamole... it was simply delicious!

I'm having stuffed pork loin. I'm trying to use up that orange marmelade I bought, so I'll use some with the walnut stuffing. Mushrooms gratin, spinach and some kind of potato on the side.

Have a hankerin' for chicken, with PF's recipe for marmalade sauce but made with horseradish courtesy of CraigC's recipe for coconut shrimp.

And I even confused myself.

We are having friends over got game night tonight so dinner is appetizers...
I am making a hot bacon & cheddar cheese dip, a hot buffalo chicken dip, mini-pizzas (cheese, mushroom, sausage), little smokies wrapped in bacon and brown sugar, sweet n sour meatballs, meatball in tomato sauce, butterscotch brownies.

It's snowing heavily here in Toronto too. We will stay warm with chili that's currently simmering in the crockpot. served over rice with grated cheddar served separately for sprinkling on top.

We will have the left-overs another day, served with a tortilla and all the fixings.

Cauliflower, potato and chick pea curry with lemon rice followed by two of the scones I made this afternoon with some of last summer's apricot jam. and a cup of tea. No point in drinking wine with curry and I don't have beer in the house.

Brrr, the heating's gone off for the night and I'm determined on an early night so off to set the mouse traps (sigh) and make another cuppa and a hot water bottle.

Spaghetti alla bolognese????The our recipe is with ragù...for you too?
I never seen the snow...a saturday night under the snow is very very romantic...it takes a good wine!!!
Not to make the classic Italian, but Saturday night here you eat only pizzaaaaaaaaa .... tonight, after the work, we cooked pizza with smoked salmon and tomatoes...:yum:

Cod & asparagus en papillote, seasoned w/ garlic, shallots, lemongrass, a splash of soy and a smear of butter over the fish + a salad.

No walnuts, so no walnut stuffed pork loin :(
Looks like I'll be making that tomorrow.
Tonight was Triscuits, pepperoni and Swiss cheese.

A cold front is moving in so our old wood cookstove is cranked up. Dough is raising and heirloom tomato sauce is cooking down. It's vegie pizza tonight.

It was a lovely day and evening here today so we grilled some rib eye steaks seasoned with the rib rub I put together for the rub I rubbed on the pork ribs for tomorrow. That's a lot of rib rubs huh? Be nice now.Bruhahaha... Think I'll pour us another glass of wine.

We also had our favorite side dish for steaks.
One cup of Orzo with two cups of water mixed with a package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, a handful of dried porchini mushrooms, a handfull of sun dried tomatoes simmered covered for 15 minutes.
A green salad completed the meal.

Last edited:
Finished off the buffalo wings and orange wings, had a couple of ripe d'Anjou pears and finished a bag of Sweet Maui Onion rings...trying to decide if I want dessert...

We're having spaghetti bolognese with cheesy garlic bread. :yum:
FWIW, Lays Potato Chips now has a Cheesy Garlic Bread flavor. Our son says it's good!

We checked out a new (and closer) bread baker today, then did our church thing so we can be home all day tomorrow to watch the Super Commercials all day. So...dinner was Refrigerator Roulette. We cleared out some pizza, Italian sausage and bell peppers, and a bit of the mac and cheese with ham. I swear our leftovers multiply when the door closes...:ermm:

:ROFLMAO: Jeez pac...you crack me up man.

Whaaaaat...
I always buy some snacking foods for the Super Bowl. I just switched what I was going to be eating Sunday to Saturday ;)
I sure wish my microwave had been working though...

Back
Top Bottom