S - A - TUR - DAY DINNER! (August 31)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice to see ya Barb! Hi James!

We're having Tater Tots and homegrown green beans. DH has been diagnosed with gout so we're experimenting.

Nice to see ya Barb! Hi James!
Thanks!
What are you doing falling in the store? Hi Sis, good to see you! It's a pork day at DC.
Crocs and wet floors do not mix. :mad:

Nice to see you as well. This will, however, be my last post at DC (at least in the foreseeable future). Personal reasons. I will still be reachable by email and Facebook. Love you Sis. :cool:

Tonight we had Hoot's Wild Boar in Onion Gravy w/ garlic mash, and a couple fresh garden goodies. And I got a real treat from a friend today. He gave me a big bag of home grown garlic. I can't believe how juicy and sticky it is. Very nice. I couldn't help myself and deglazed the pan with some Canadian Sherry before adding the Boar stock. I was surprised to discover that it tasted more like beef than pork. I really liked it...So did GF.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
College football today so homemade snackies all around ... Sweet & Sour Wings, Pizza Fries, & Corn Dip. Love football food!

Thanks!

Crocs and wet floors do not mix. :mad:

Nice to see you as well. This will, however, be my last post at DC (at least in the foreseeable future). Personal reasons. I will still be reachable by email and Facebook. Love you Sis. :cool:

Well, hello there. Nice to see you.

Well, bye bye - take care and hurry back. :)

Hey! Didn't someone say that this is/was International Bacon Day? I don't even smell bacon in the air... :pig:

Weather held out so the chix and corn went on the grill. Grilled corn on the cob is SO addictive! :yum: Ate < 3 ears, have 3+ ears of kernels left. Thinking of using it in some shepherd's pie. Or, since we prefer beef, cattleman's pie? Oh, and sliced two farmers' market tomatoes and baked the last tube of Grands biscuits before it popped in my fridge. :ohmy:

We went out for Mexican after having a tour and tasting at a local micro-distillery. Very cool how these orchardists have been able to use their excess apples to make brandy, vodka and gin. Interesting tour and the tastes were good too!
Dinner was really good, I had chile relleno and a tamale served with beans and rice and a Corona. DH had two burritos with the same sides. We both brought home leftovers for tomorrow's lunch ;)

We ended up having neither of my suggestions as both daughters went out. So...so did we! I had a lovely steak with garlic mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus all with a green peppercorn sauce. Dessert was ganache torte. Not as good as mine.

Back
Top Bottom