"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 19,496
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We ordered out. I had Carbonara Dunn's (topped with smoked meat) and DH had a fancy burger with hot mayo, caramelized onions, and a hot banana pepper. The onions made the bun soggy. DH could detect no heat whatsoever in the "hot mayo" or the "hot banana pepper", so he thought it was okay, but disappointing. Often, is this "white bread", suburban area where we live, hot food is toned down to bland. I have even had issues with purchased hot peppers that have no heat.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:06 PM   #12
Executive Chef
 
caseydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dallas
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
We ordered out. I had Carbonara Dunn's (topped with smoked meat) and DH had a fancy burger with hot mayo, caramelized onions, and a hot banana pepper. The onions made the bun soggy. DH could detect no heat whatsoever in the "hot mayo" or the "hot banana pepper", so he thought it was okay, but disappointing. Often, is this "white bread", suburban area where we live, hot food is toned down to bland. I have even had issues with purchased hot peppers that have no heat.
Too bad you don't live near me. My late season peppers are face melting hot.

I didn't make soup today (again), so I made it a Taco Tuesday with some fajita-style chicken tacos.

CD
__________________

__________________
I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell -- Richard Feynman
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:09 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 19,496
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Too bad you don't live near me. My late season peppers are face melting hot.

I didn't make soup today (again), so I made it a Taco Tuesday with some fajita-style chicken tacos.

CD
When I can get to the "ethnic" stores, I can get real hot peppers.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:23 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 11,587
I forgot to toss the rosemary in with the potatoes, but they were yummy anyway. If I make this squash again, though, I think I'll peel it first.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181113_200829006~2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	32267
__________________
“Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.” ~~~ Will Rogers
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:28 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 21,584
Ran out of spoons, so we ordered pizza tonight.
__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:00 PM   #16
Executive Chef
 
caseydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dallas
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Ran out of spoons, so we ordered pizza tonight.
LOL, that is the weakest excuse for ordering pizza I have ever heard.

CD
__________________
I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell -- Richard Feynman
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:08 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 21,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
LOL, that is the weakest excuse for ordering pizza I have ever heard.

CD
Pay attention, Casey. You've been here long enough to have seen Taxlady use the same expression and Cooking Goddess has posted this link in the past in response to other people's questions about it.

But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness The Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino
__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:40 PM   #18
Executive Chef
 
caseydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dallas
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Pay attention, Casey. You've been here long enough to have seen Taxlady use the same expression and Cooking Goddess has posted this link in the past in response to other people's questions about it.

But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness The Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino
I didn't know there was going to be a test.

CD
__________________
I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell -- Richard Feynman
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:49 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 21,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
I didn't know there was going to be a test.

CD
Aw, Casey is sad. Am I supposed to care? Because I don't.
__________________

__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.