Saganaki on Whole Wheat Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal Burns

Assistant Cook
Hello!
I have been diabetic for some time now… About 10 years. But I love pizza! Better grains are part of a better diet. This recipe will make about 2 pizzas, but a diabetic should only have a half a pizza. I really can’t tell you the carb count, but if you’re not diabetic, eat all you want! If you are, check your sugar! :shock:
If you have a pizza stone, a pizza peel, a kitchen mixer that is strong enough to kneed dough, Lets get started!
Pizza Dough
¾ Cup Warm water
½ tbsp Sugar (I know!)
1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp for later
1 tbsp salt
1 Package dry active yeast
1 Cup Bread Flour
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
Let the yeast bloom for about 10 minutes in the warm water. Add every thing to your kitchen mixer and kneed the dough for about 10 minutes. With a tsp of olive oil coat a large bowl. Add the dough in the bowl, and cover with some plastic wrap. Let it sit for about 5 to 6 hours! Don’t worry, now you have time to start slicing the cheese.
The cheese…
In essence, Saganki is goat cheese, on bread that has been served since the dawn of man. There are 3 to 4 cheeses you can use. Kassari which is my favorite! Halloumi…or Feta.
WHICH EVER YOUR SHOPPING FOR!!! Normally it’s served with Ouzo and then flambéed and then showered with a half a lemon. You can do this, but I don’t drink alcohol. Instead I’m going to suggest sprinkle some herbs de’ province, or fennel seed on your pizzas.
Cut the cheese in cubes about a ¼ inch in diameter. You can put it in a little baggie in the fridge or freezer to prevent it from spilling all over the place when you make your pizza.
The Pizza!
Pesto!... Oh not yet! :evil: That’s what I use instead of tomato sauce. Store bought is fine either way.
With the pizza stone in the oven, pre heat to 480 degrees. Flour your peel and roll ½ of your pizza dough on it. Dradle your sauce around the dough. Shake the pizza on the peel before putting in the oven to prevent a mess. Add the cheese and sprinkle some fennel seed and herbs de province. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, add lemon juice and yell OPA!!! You can make another one too!!!
ENJOY!!!
I just made this for a poker game with some friends and my brother. I am notoriuos folder, to the point people complain. Yet I can't fold my laundry... I said this at a game with my friends and brother.
My brother is a martial arts instructor, and showed me this.
Oh I can't stop laughing!
:ROFLMAO: Ninja T-shirt folding

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom