"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
Master Chef

Sat. dinner..4/16/16

I'm doing a beer butt chicken tonight with a spud for the SC and glorified salads for both of us.

What's going on at your house?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:07 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds good, Kayelle! It's grilling weather here today, too! I'm going to make grilled shrimp tacos with spicy jicama-cabbage-red onion slaw.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
Executive Chef

We are having friends/neighbors over. I am fixing a baked smoked ham, cheesy mashed potatoes with green chiles, and green beans. They are bring a raspberry chocolate torte.

It is very hard to find good hams here, so I bought three around Easter and put two of them in the freezer. This is the first one out of the freezer.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

Trying a new recipe tonight. A Thai recipe called Pad See Yew. It's a shrimp and rice stick noodle dish with miso and bok choy.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:59 PM   #5
Sous Chef

I've got a chicken in the roaster, and Rina's got her sauteed zucchini and yellow squash happening, and there are sweet potatoes in the oven.

I made the butter and brown sugar and cinnamon mix for the taters, and I'm drooling!

I better go, or I'll short out my laptop with drool. LOL!
Old 04-16-2016, 07:44 PM   #6
Master Chef

Great sounding dinners!
I had a cucumber, tomato, red onion, and feta salad over spinach. Mixed up a quick dressing of olive oil, vinegar, and Penzey's Greek seasoning. A few Triscuits on the side for some salt and crunch.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:47 PM   #7
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
I found a frozen turkey loin roast in the deep freeze, and that will be one more item from my How Am I Going To Use Up All This Food?!
I'll roast some yukon gold potatoes and fresh asparagus and call that dinner.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:49 PM   #8
Senior Cook

Thanksgiving in April. I had a nice bone in turkey breast. I rubbed it in butter, fresh garlic, salt, pepper and seared it in the cast iron skillet and then baked it for an hour in the cast iron in the stove.

Served with Stove Top instant stuffing, fresh made mashed potatoes, jarred gravy, and green beans.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:15 PM   #9
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Trying a new recipe tonight. A Thai recipe called Pad See Yew. It's a shrimp and rice stick noodle dish with miso and bok choy.
I got this recipe from the F&W website. It is really salty and inedible. We picked out the shrimp and bok choy and made that the meal.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:31 PM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Sounds good, Kayelle! It's grilling weather here today, too! I'm going to make grilled shrimp tacos with spicy jicama-cabbage-red onion slaw.
Actually GG, I have better luck with it in a 400 degree oven. I made up my own spice mix for it with herbs de Provence, kosher salt and a tiny bit of my new powdered vinegar for a little zing. Stuffed some thyme sprigs under the skin too and I'm using wine tonight instead of beer.

Those shrimp tacos on the grill sound fabulous!!

Andy, what a shame! I've dared to take a chance with a new recipe with company. Glad that wasn't your case!

Great sounding dinners tonight folks!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner