"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
No such thing with Toyota, and one of the reasons we keep going back. I get a firm price over the phone or email, and there's no dickering or bickering. All we do is go in and fill out the paperwork, and off we go. We were at the dealership yesterday for a total of 45 minutes.

The salesman wasn't as bad as I let on. I cut him some slack because he was just a kid, and otherwise a very nice guy.
When buying brand new that's easy to do. Buying fairly new, used cars as we do, I want to check out and drive the car, and there is usually a little more wiggle room. I like to buy used from a new car dealer of that brand to get "certified" used, often warranties can be transferred on these when they can't be at other places because they aren't certified.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:41 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I hate buying a car. I go in with financing already in place, test drive the car and tell them the price I want. I give them 20 minutes to give me an answer or I'm gone. Then they have one hour to get the paperwork ready and me out the door. I'm nice but firm, they will not waste my time keeping me there all day trying to wear me down.
A number of years back, we had a dealership that would offer to park your car for you. If you were unhappy and wanted to leave, they all of a sudden couldn't find the person who had your keys and was supposed to be parking your car. And when you looked for your car it was nowhere to be found on the lot. One customer got smart and called the police that he was being held against his will and that h is car had been stolen. The dealership ended up being closed down by the state.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:21 AM   #33
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
A number of years back, we had a dealership that would offer to park your car for you. If you were unhappy and wanted to leave, they all of a sudden couldn't find the person who had your keys and was supposed to be parking your car. And when you looked for your car it was nowhere to be found on the lot. One customer got smart and called the police that he was being held against his will and that h is car had been stolen. The dealership ended up being closed down by the state.
Luckily I haven't had that happen, but they usually ask for your keys so that they can go check out the car. I had one dealer that kept giving me the run around when I wanted to leave (his numbers looked nothing like what I was quoted). Lesson learned, I get a spare key and give them that, so if I want to leave I still have my original in my pocket. This will be harder when every car has those fancy keys, but for the time being I still have a basic key.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broccoli, dinner, rice, steak