Sat. Sept. 2 -- Dinner Plans !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
:chef: Fried chicken, mashed potatoes - n - gravy, cranberry's, peas and Paula Deen's "Garlic cheese biscuits" ! Yum ! Oh ! and her "Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies") ! :clap:

I've had three chickens brining since Thursday afternoon. I'm going to smoke them this afternoon. I've got some leftover mango soup from last weekend that will be the sauce once thickened a bit. I'm heading over to a small farm in Paramus for some fresh corn and some peaches. I'll put the peaches in a polenta to serve with the chicken and then grill some of the green beans I hope the farmer will still have. I haven't decided to serve the corn today or save it for tomorrow yet.

I made a key lime pie, and my boyfriend brought me a blueberry pie from Linvilla Farms in PA, so dessert will be a choice.

Have a great dinner, yourself! I love mashed potatoes and gravy and cranberry sauce has a special place in my heart!

inspired by a few recipes on here, I`m making my 1`st Meatloaf ever.
I`ve modified the recipe a little to include chilis (no surprise there), half a red bell pepper and soy sauce in place of salt and the usual quantity of Worcester sauce, although I did add a little.
all I can say at the moment about it is that the Mix smelled lovely.
oh yeah, I didn`t have enough ground beef, so I added some ground lamb to it also.
I even did the cute little Ketchup topping as well.

I have no idea what to serve it with though, the usual mash and green beans that I`ve read on here doesn`t appeal to me today, maybe that package of 8 Salsa tortila wraps I have in the fridge could feature?

I`m sure I`ll come up with something :)

I'm cooking a pork loin on the grill, hashbrown casserole, green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers, wholewheat biscuits if I can find a really good recipe and flan with figs, strawberries and blueberries.

A couple friends are coming over for dinner before a night of poker. I have a sort-of Indian theme going on. I thought I’d make shrimp and coconut soup, roasted chicken, a pilaf with peaches and walnuts, green chile corn bread and roasted pepper and mint yogurt salad. For dessert, I could use mangos with the vanilla pound cake I made yesterday. It is finally cool enough that I want to use my oven and to eat soup.

We're having a pot roast with new potatoes and onions from the garden. Not sure if any carrots are ready yet, but they may get in there too. I'm not sure what I will do for a salad. I'm leaning toward romaine with nuts and a red wine vinaigrette at the moment, but will decide later. The last of the Taber corn is at a roadside stand so I may grab a few cobs too. I'm also going to make Teleri's wonderful vanilla pound cake and top it with blueberries and the last of my raspberries. After that, I'm going to roll to my couch and undo my pants and moan for a while. LOL.

Paul's hiking with a friend so his wife and I are going out for dinner and beers.

Fried pork chops, steamed green beans and steamed corn-on-the-cob. Garlic bread with Parmegiano-Reggiano Robusto grated on it. For dessert we're having Chocolate To The MAX.

Dinner didn't matter to me. I was going to try to make something interesting for dessert, but my dad prefers his fruit just macerated and served with ice cream, so that ruled out any of my ideas for peach pies, cobblers, johnnycakes, etc.

I'm having chicken kabob, rice, and grilled vegetables.
For dessert, which is what I'm in charge of, peaches and blueberries with ice cream. The peaches are delicious right now. Maybe I'll bake some with a crumble topping too, since there will be 15 people or so for dinner.

Thanks to another unbelievably good Italian lunch...this time thanks to a bakery that I think might just be heaven....we are just snacking for supper. Lunch was: a piece of pizza...mine had the most delicious corgettes in it and the husband went for prosciutto, then a wonderful strawberry, pastry with flaked almonds and whipped cream. We had loose arangements to meet some people for supper, but I'm just too full. Its still very hot here....it hit 39 degrees late this afternoon, and the food has gone to our heads as well as our stomachs. so, more fresh fruit and oodles of water. We bought some dear little figs, more peaches and plums.

I could eat and eat and eat here in Milan, but sometimes my stomach gives up before my curiosity.

whole wheat biscuits

licia said:
wholewheat biscuits if I can find a really good recipe and flan with figs, strawberries and blueberries.

Whoa, got one for you.

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits

2 cups whole wheat flour (soft, pastry, cake, whatever you want to call it, can even use hard flour, but soft makes a lighter biscuit)
2 t. baking powder
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
3 T. butter
1 cup buttermilk or yogurt

Sift dry ingredients.
Cut in butter.
Add buttermilk all at once.
Stir.
Turn out on floured board and knead 30 seconds.
Roll or pat to 1/2 inch thick, cut
Bake on ungreased sheet at 450 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Yields 5 large or 10 small biscuits.

Now I want to make biscuits and make peach shortcakes with them.

But I just threw out the buttermilk. It was pretty old.

Barb L said:
Curious, what do you pay for Lobster on sale there ? I would love to live where sefood is so plentiful ! :)

They are on sale for $5.99 lb. which is pretty good, though they are soft-shell lobsters. Your right, there is alot of seafood here, but it's pretty expensive for lobsters usually. Depends on how good the lobster season is I suppose.

So far it's a concocted soup of some sort. It has chicken, chicken broth, red beans, brown rice, onions, garlic, & parsley. It smells pretty good at least. I just hope it tastes OK.

My son who doesn't attend the sunday dinners here do to living to far away is having dinner with us and has asked for a silly dish I made up after eating at a fish place in San Francisco. It was one of those bet ya can't make it things my kids pull on me..So he is getting a recipe that you could use as a meat sauce if inclined.
evoo, tomatoes chopped,onions chopped,garlic,crushed,a small amount of tomatoe paste (tube type) chopped parsley,marjoram,rosemary,basil and oregano,thyme...add some chicken or beef stock and red wine,salt and pepper, let simmer 4-5 hrs at the end add shrimp scallops and red pepper flakes, (now I add enough that both my boys come to the table with a hankie but can still taste the sauce:LOL:) and a small amount of butter.I put this over fettuccini and serve a green salad and french bread with garlic and parmesan on it. There will also be some sliced melons, peaches and my son's favorite thing I make cream puffs..Looking forward to this evening it's a special treat for me:)

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom