"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-16-2016, 01:53 PM   #1
Master Chef

Sat. Supper..1/16/16

What's the plan Stan?

I did a small prime rib a while ago and froze 2 thick slices along with the two ribs. I'll just barely warm it up in the oven and prepare screaming hot au jus over the top and the remainder served in our butter warmers for dipping.
Baked spud for my man, and who knows what yet for our veggie.
Horseradish is a must!

What's happening at your house?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Pats are playing in the Play Off today. So for Pirate, chicken fingers with a dipping sauce along with Morzarella Sticks. Me? Heh!

Old 01-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

No time to cook dinner. Patriots/Chiefs at 4:30 and Packers/Cardinals follow. Leftover beef stew for dinner.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:53 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Today is an experiment for me. I have never cooked a pork butt in the oven (I have smoked many of them, please don't ask about keeping them lit! ). I seasoned it last night and this morning I slathered it with mustard and seasoned it again, then injected it. I put it in the oven at 250deg. At 0800 this morning. Right now it has been stuck in a stall at 158-160 for a little more than 2hrs. When it is at 190 I will pull it and let it rest. While it is resting I'll fry some onion rings (the idea is from the tater tot thread ), and have some kind of veggie.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:02 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Pretty much a repeat of a dinner we had a couple of night ago. Skinless boneless chicken thighs sauteed with a bit of bacon in a pesto cream sauce, but this time tossed with TJ's spinach and chive linguine. Salad on the side.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:05 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm boring. Had some leftover wonton soup, and DH has his pick of that, red beans and rice, and doctored up beans and burger.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:09 PM   #7
Master Chef

I made a half batch of Tuscan Pizza Casserole for lunch today, dinner will be a salad and another square of the casserole.

Definitely a keeper!

KL's Tuscan Pizza Casserole,

I made the casserole with spinach, I think next time I will chop up some artichokes and add them to the spinach or maybe swap the spinach for chopped broccoli or maybe thin sliced zucchini or...
Old 01-16-2016, 05:25 PM   #8
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
What's the plan Stan?

I did a small prime rib a while ago and froze 2 thick slices along with the two ribs. I'll just barely warm it up in the oven and prepare screaming hot au jus over the top and the remainder served in our butter warmers for dipping.
Baked spud for my man, and who knows what yet for our veggie.
Horseradish is a must!

What's happening at your house?

Ohhhhhhhhh I love prime rib! What time should I be over, and what can I bring???????
Old 01-16-2016, 05:32 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Somewhat a creature of habit. Sat. night is fried catfish night. This week will be river cat. A particular type that feeds on live foods.. Pure white flesh, and very clean tasting. Maybe some chocolate ice cream later.........But first, A little bourbon!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #10
Senior Cook

Dinner at our house will be roasted pork tenderloin, sweet potato mash, and buttered carrots & peas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
supper