Sat. Supper..1/16/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
What's the plan Stan?

I did a small prime rib a while ago and froze 2 thick slices along with the two ribs. I'll just barely warm it up in the oven and prepare screaming hot au jus over the top and the remainder served in our butter warmers for dipping.
Baked spud for my man, and who knows what yet for our veggie.
Horseradish is a must!

What's happening at your house?:chef:

Pats are playing in the Play Off today. So for Pirate, chicken fingers with a dipping sauce along with Morzarella Sticks. Me? Heh! :angel:

No time to cook dinner. Patriots/Chiefs at 4:30 and Packers/Cardinals follow. Leftover beef stew for dinner.

Today is an experiment for me. I have never cooked a pork butt in the oven (I have smoked many of them, please don't ask about keeping them lit! :ermm:). I seasoned it last night and this morning I slathered it with mustard and seasoned it again, then injected it. I put it in the oven at 250deg. At 0800 this morning. Right now it has been stuck in a stall at 158-160 for a little more than 2hrs. When it is at 190 I will pull it and let it rest. While it is resting I'll fry some onion rings (the idea is from the tater tot thread :yum:), and have some kind of veggie.

Last edited:
Pretty much a repeat of a dinner we had a couple of night ago. Skinless boneless chicken thighs sauteed with a bit of bacon in a pesto cream sauce, but this time tossed with TJ's spinach and chive linguine. Salad on the side.

I'm boring. Had some leftover wonton soup, and DH has his pick of that, red beans and rice, and doctored up beans and burger.

I made a half batch of Tuscan Pizza Casserole for lunch today, dinner will be a salad and another square of the casserole.

Definitely a keeper! :yum:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/kls-tuscan-pizza-casserole-94777.html,

I made the casserole with spinach, I think next time I will chop up some artichokes and add them to the spinach or maybe swap the spinach for chopped broccoli or maybe thin sliced zucchini or... :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

What's the plan Stan?

I did a small prime rib a while ago and froze 2 thick slices along with the two ribs. I'll just barely warm it up in the oven and prepare screaming hot au jus over the top and the remainder served in our butter warmers for dipping.
Baked spud for my man, and who knows what yet for our veggie.
Horseradish is a must!

What's happening at your house?:chef:

Ohhhhhhhhh I love prime rib! What time should I be over, and what can I bring???????:ROFLMAO:

Somewhat a creature of habit. Sat. night is fried catfish night. This week will be river cat. A particular type that feeds on live foods.. Pure white flesh, and very clean tasting. Maybe some chocolate ice cream later.........But first, A little bourbon! ;)

Dinner at our house will be roasted pork tenderloin, sweet potato mash, and buttered carrots & peas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the plan Stan?...
Well, here's our deal, Camille. I need to cook the scrod I bought yesterday, nevermind that Himself ordered it when we went out yesterday. That's his problem. :LOL: I have some nice-sized redskin potatoes I'll crush, and probably steam some frozen baby peas. No dessert, unless we dig into our small supply of Girl Scout cookies. Have to support our daughter's troop, ya know. ;)

Hi Uncle Bob!!

Plans have changed as recently as 15 minutes ago. Yes, the TV is on. I bought 8 pounds of gr. beef today to make meat loaves for a family of 16 who are watching their father die at home. Incredible family. Dad is an MD with three natural children and 11 adopted children. Friends are taking turns cooking for this family. My sister and I are doing tomorrows dinner. DH wants a bit of the beef for burgers tonight. He will probably get it.

Hi Uncle Bob!!

Plans have changed as recently as 15 minutes ago. Yes, the TV is on. I bought 8 pounds of gr. beef today to make meat loaves for a family of 16 who are watching their father die at home. Incredible family. Dad is an MD with three natural children and 11 adopted children. Friends are taking turns cooking for this family. My sister and I are doing tomorrows dinner. DH wants a bit of the beef for burgers tonight. He will probably get it.

Best wishes to the family. My prayers are with them.

Pretty much a repeat of a dinner we had a couple of night ago. Skinless boneless chicken thighs sauteed with a bit of bacon in a pesto cream sauce, but this time tossed with TJ's spinach and chive linguine. Salad on the side.

Wait!! What did I miss Speed? Tell me more about this "pesto cream sauce" with bacon no less. :yum:

Hi Uncle Bob!!

That's so good of you Beth. Unlike so many others, you didn't need to ask "what can I do to help", you just know.

I made a half batch of Tuscan Pizza Casserole for lunch today, dinner will be a salad and another square of the casserole.

Definitely a keeper! :yum:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/kls-tuscan-pizza-casserole-94777.html,

I made the casserole with spinach, I think next time I will chop up some artichokes and add them to the spinach or maybe swap the spinach for chopped broccoli or maybe thin sliced zucchini or... :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Glad you like it Bea! Great ideas for changing it up too, especially the artichoke hearts. Sliced olives would be good too.

I ordered this today, and I know I'll use it often. They come smaller too.
http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Dish-Pizza-Pan-diameter/dp/B0001MRSAM

Last edited:
That's really kind of you Beth and friends, to step up when you know it's needed and appreciated.

Yesterday's burritos becomes today's chili with the addition of a can of tomatoes, pintos and some other ingredients. Who knows, today's chili may become tomorrow's burritos again with the magic of a slotted spoon:LOL:.

Tonight (or late afternoon) the Pats were playing in a playoff game. So Pirate made chicken fingers and Morzarella sticks to eat while watching the game. Since I do not like chicken breast meat, I just ate about five of the sticks. He ate the rest with some sauce and also something different for the chicken fingers.

Next week will be the final game to see if we go to the Super Bowl. :angel:

DH and I had the weirdest experience tonight. He wanted to go out to dinner so we decided to go to a nice Italian restaurant. He had never been there before; I had been a few times with friends and never had a bad experience.

The manager pretty much encouraged us to leave, even though there were empty tables. The hostess said she wanted us to wait because a few large parties had just come in and she couldn't give us good service. So we sat down to wait. Then someone else came up and said it would be 15-20 minutes, did we really want to wait. So we left and went to another place we've been to many times and enjoyed a delicious Thai dinner. We could not believe they watched business walk out the door.

But the Thai dinner was good :) We had an appy of fried wontons (forgot to get a picture before we ate). I had steamed spring rolls and DH had stir-fried chicken with pea pods. We shared it all.

Attachments

• 2016-01-16 20.04.39.jpg
    2016-01-16 20.04.39.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 2016-01-16 20.14.22.jpg
    2016-01-16 20.14.22.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 126
I have a Pampered Chef stoneware dish that looks just like that. I never thought to use it for pizza :idea:

I had the Pampered Chef deep dish baker back in the day too GG. I loved that thing. Now it costs even more than it did back then when I ruined the weekly budget to buy it. The dang thing busted in the oven one night with a giant bang, and Pampered Chef couldn't have cared less.
Ohhh yes, use it for deep dish pizza it would be perfect!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom