Sat. Supper..2/24/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I put a sirloin tip roast in the sous vide early yesterday morning, thinking that I would be working from home. Well, an important meeting came up at the office and so I had to drive in. After work, a group of friends decided to get together for happy hour, and so I went to that for a little bit. At this point, I was still thinking I would go home and eat my roast, but I ended up getting texted by my daughter, who asked if I wanted to get something to eat. And so I did.

I finally made it home last night around 8:30. I pulled the roast out of the sous vide and stuck it in the fridge.

And so back into the sous vide it went today around 2:00. I'm probably going to have it here in next hour, along with some roasted veggies.

Sloppy Joes, good buns, chips, fried frozen corn. And a movie.

And a PS to KL. Cold=feel better. I know you said a way long time ago that TJ's has pan roasted corn, and it's probably pretty good at that. But then I wouldn't be able to mouth the words "fried frozen". Life is a kick, even if it's a small one.

Last edited:
Sloppy Joes, good buns, chips, fried frozen corn. And a movie.

And a PS to KL. Cold=feel better. I know you said a way long time ago that TJ's has pan roasted corn, and it's probably pretty good at that. But then I wouldn't be able to mouth the words "fried frozen". Life is a kick, even if it's a small one.

Whiska, actually it's TJ's frozen fire roasted corn, and boy howdy is it good with all those char spots on some of it. Pretty too. ;)

Daughter is putting together chicken and prawns to go with a delicious looking tomato, cucumber, avocado and red onion salad she found @ Tasty.com... The chicken and prawns will be considered sides...

Oh.. She made a chocolate cake for later.. Will wonders never cease?? :wacko:

Ross

Last edited:
Whiska, actually it's TJ's frozen fire roasted corn, and boy howdy is it good with all those char spots on some of it. Pretty too. ;)

Yep, I checked my running shopping list for whenever... I have it listed as fire roasted. I like their KimChee, and cute size frozen brussels sprouts and some kind of ginger cookies. They might not have all that as their inventory changes. My closest TJ's is across the river, always a treacherous endeavor as that city doesn't plow their streets very well in winter.

Last edited:
And so back into the sous vide it went today around 2:00. I'm probably going to have it here in next hour, along with some roasted veggies.
Despite being submerged for some 17 hours, the tip roast came out great. Sides were roasted carrots, parsnips and onions. The sauce was a beef stock and wine reduction.

zNzpPQ2.jpg

Bone-In smoked pork chop (fresh not cryovaced), baby spinach (sautéed, with smoked olive oil, all purpose seasonings, in the pan fond, drippings from the chops added back at the end) and mashed potatoes.

smoked_pork_chop_022418_IMG_3720.jpg

Sandwich Saturday at the doghouse. Ham, cheddar, lettuce and mayo on a jumbo hamburger bun. Fresh fruit on the side.

CD

Steve and MsM....wonderful looking dinners. :yum:

I went out to dinner this evening with my daughter, SIL, grandson, some friends and their young 'uns after Tyler's baseball game this afternoon. We went to a local 'Benihana style' restaurant. The littles loved watching the cook do his magic on the grill in the middle of the table, and were especially in awe of the onion volcanos and other firey flame ups. :chef::LOL:

I had Miso soup, teriyaki Soba noodles with shrimp and veggies, and fried rice. It was delicious and the servings were very generous. I couldn't finish it and brought at least half of it home.

Very busy day today, full belly, and heading for bed soon.

Dinner and a show, eh Cheryl?

Kayelle, I hope you and that cold part ways soon. Toddy up! and get good sleep.

...Oh.. She made a chocolate cake for later.. Will wonders never cease??
Sounds like you're having an influence on that daughter of yours. ;) Good work.

Did my grocery shopping for the week. Thankfully, we had leftovers to clean up. I finished the Chinese leftovers, Himself cleaned up the ham-and-bean soup and then finished the roasted Brussels sprouts to make room for the fresh ones I bought today. He's in avoiding-asparagus Heaven knowing he'll get sprouts when I have the asparagus. :LOL:

Oki, we are home alone, kid is on holiday and we have become teenagers who look in the fridges and there is nothing to eat. Well I cant cook at the mo but yeah, we been eating really badly since the kid left.

Yesterday dinner, cheese sandwiches for me and egg sandwich for my husband.

Super crispy skin, roasted chicken thighs and a horsey potato salad. Except for the one wimpy bacon strip, a whole pound of bacon went in the potato salad.:yum: The leftovers will be used for another meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom