Sat. supper..3/3/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm doing my very first sous vide dinner. I've had the dang thing for a more than a year, and it's the first time outa the box.
Now that I have a reasonable way of searing a nice crust on meat with my new grill, I'm anxious to try out the powerful side burner that puts out 12,000 BTU.
Pictures of the completed tri tip to follow. :chef:

I'm browning b/s chicken thighs in the CI skillet and finishing them in the oven with an orange glaze. Roasting asparagus and pilaf for sides..

Ross

I'm doing my very first sous vide dinner. I've had the dang thing for a more than a year, and it's the first time outa the box.
Now that I have a reasonable way of searing a nice crust on meat with my new grill, I'm anxious to try out the powerful side burner that puts out 12,000 BTU.
Looking forward to the post op review...

I'm just heating up some cabbage rolls and making some perogi with bacon and onions..salad..I always have to have salad...some times I eat it some times I don't...

Good for you! I love mine, and my dad loves the one I got him for xmas. He's 85 and not a great cook, so he likes the predictable results.

I got some decent Gulf shrimp on sale, so I am going to fry some up. Some kind of rice on the side, or maybe red beans and rice. More later.

CD

Attachments

• 28536728_10155200527442401_1020778978_n.jpg
    28536728_10155200527442401_1020778978_n.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 149
Breakfast for dinner. Asparagus and mushroom omelet, 2 sausage patties, and a slice of toasted rye.

P3030079_1.jpg
OK...The bottom line, is I/we are convinced and it was great fun. Hey.. we are a cheap date. Well, kinda.
The details are I seasoned the fat trimmed 2.25 lb tri tip with kosher salt, fresh ground rainbow pepper/Penzey's roasted garlic granules/2 Tbs. soy sauce/ 1 scant Tbs. liquid smoke in a heavy zip locked bag, air displaced with water. Set the Anova it at 125 degrees and 4 hrs later it was ready.
I don't know how to post multiple pictures, so give me a minute..

The awesome burner..
P3030072_1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, is that a pretty piece of meat, Kayelle. :yum:

We had some of the leftover soup. Well, I had leftover soup - the creamy chicken and wild rice one. Himself finished off the little piece of pork tenderloin that was from last week, made into a sandwich. First, though, he cleaned out a container of sushi he picked up at the grocery store as his reward for returning his bottles and cans from his pop. I don't mind buying that stuff at the store, but it's his job to return them for our deposit. :D

Craig watched 1 of Andrew Zimmern's shows that featured Scotland, with Scottish meat pies being 1 of the featured dishes, so he came up with a ground beef filling with assorted veges. I made the pastry. Brussel sprouts with onion, bacon and balsamic for the side.

full
full

Beautiful dinners last night, all! :yum:

Kay...I'd say that your first attempt at sous vide was a success - perfectly cooked tri tip!

Back
Top Bottom