Saturday 02/06/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well my kitch isn't in order for cooking. so either a crockpot dinner or fondue.
the restaurant where we were gonna get dinner is closed tonite. there's piles of snow.

I used the east coast snowmageddon day to make broth and stock from all the bones and carci in my freezer. Turkey soup tonight! with cauliflower, escarole, carrots, celery, and noodles. Skillet cornbread on the side.

Spaghetti with meat sauce

4335462959_1d6be040b3_b.jpg

After shoveling the drive and walks I made pasta today. Think it needs a different flour as it was stiff to turn. I'll try a dough recipe from The Pasta Bible next time. Now let me see if can up load some pics...

Attachments

• pasta1.jpg
    pasta1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 191
  • pasta2.jpg
    pasta2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 188
  • pasta3.jpg
    pasta3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 175
we went for asian food.
there's like less than 2 feet of snow here, & the 'burgh closes 99% of their places like we're in a dagnabbin blizzard. the 'iggles were closed by 5. we went elsewhere & got food mainly for the freezer & sammiches.

Mixed salad with tomatoes, lettuce, chickpeas, hard boiled eggs, onions, red peppers, black olives, celery, carrots, etc., with a tomato/goat cheese dressing. Crusty baguette on the side.

Mixed salad with tomatoes, lettuce, chickpeas, hard boiled eggs, onions, red peppers, black olives, celery, carrots, etc., with a tomato/goat cheese dressing. Crusty baguette on the side.

my gracious that sounds just wonderful.though i am not a big fan of goat cheese.so would use another cheese, may blue cheese. do you think that would work.

Yesterday, when I went grocery shopping I could not resist buying a corned beef round. Today, I baked the corned beef in the oven with onion and garlic. I also roasted some potatoes in a separate pan. I was going to have Brussels sprouts since a head of cabbage would have been too much food, but I changed my mind and just had a green salad. The best thing is I am looking forward to corned beef sammies next week for lunch.

my gracious that sounds just wonderful.though i am not a big fan of goat cheese.so would use another cheese, may blue cheese. do you think that would work.

Sure, why not? Feta would work also. I just pureed some goat cheese with a little red wine vinegar, a little Dijon mustard, a large clove of garlic, some dried herbs, salt, black pepper, etc., pureed some fresh tomatoes, and added a small amount of extra virgin olive oil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom