Saturday, 09/14/2019, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
ATK's North Carolina dipped fried chicken (without the dip), mashies and zucchini/carrot veges. Craig had gravy on his mashies.

Attachments

• 2019-09-14 18.13.58.jpg
    2019-09-14 18.13.58.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 138
I made a blue plate special-- "ze French lil buddy" with scrambled eggs (green onion added,) sausage and cheese between 2 slices French toast. You can add maple syrup. I chose to put some in a cup for dipping. As inspired by local diner the Band Box, located in the shadows of the Vikings football stadium.

Check out the photos on Yelp. https://www.yelp.com/biz/band-box-diner-minneapolis

We had breakfast for dinner. Corned beef hash, hash brown potatoes and poached eggs (with oozing yolks, :yum::yum:).

I had huevos rancheros, one of my faves. :yum:

Attachments

• huevos rancheros 3.jpg
    huevos rancheros 3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 136
We're cleaning leftovers up. I had grilled chicken and grilled veggies from Tuesday. Himself opted for the leftover brat with sauerkraut from Monday. I did buy two ears of corn for us when I did a quick shop today, since it's getting close to the end of the season. *sigh* They were yummy. :yum:

As I mentioned in the "What are you doing?" thread, I went for supper to a local pub with two of my women friends. I had a flank steak salad. It was really good. When it arrived, everything was hidden under the rabbit food. After some rummaging through the leaves, I found the meat and other veg. It was really tasty. I had a couple of Kronenbourg blond beer with that.

I've been grazing all day. It got up to 98F today (mid-September?), so outdoor cooking is still not comfortable.

Hot tomorrow, too. So, I need to sous vide something.

CD

I had some leftover curry for dinner, but I made a side dish with those long beans, from the garden - a thoran style dish, with some spices, onion, chiles, curry leaves, and coconut. Easy, and definitely something I'll make again!

Roast Beef and Air-Fries under a Gravy Drizzle, Steamed Cauliflower under a Colby Blanket, Carrot Salad, Carried in...
Horseradish on the side...

Roast Beef, Cauliflower. Carrot Salad.jpg

I made a version of a Turkish baked kebab with flattened meatballs, zucchini and summer squash and a tomato sauce made with just tomato paste, water and salt. I topped it with peppers from my garden that were a little more spicy than I thought - my hands were burning a bit after I cut them up [emoji38]

I served it with the orzo and rice pilaf we've been enjoying, tzatziki and a simple salad of romaine and tomato.
0914191920b.jpg0914192011.jpg

Pork and Ricotta Meatball Soup in a Parmesan Broth. From the blog Season's and Supper.

Absolutely delish! Froze some of the meatballs for another meal. Actually used a mushroom broth I had left over - loved it. So really didn't change much other than cook them in a muffin tin rather than a pan. Soo much easier than standing over it and turning! I did flip them after about 12 15 min. and gave them another 5 min. just to brown on other side. But according to my thermometer they were plenty done at 15.

Meatball Soup

Attachments

• 20190914_171849.jpg
    20190914_171849.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 122
Pork and Ricotta Meatball Soup in a Parmesan Broth. From the blog Season's and Supper.

Absolutely delish! Froze some of the meatballs for another meal. Actually used a mushroom broth I had left over - loved it. So really didn't change much other than cook them in a muffin tin rather than a pan. Soo much easier than standing over it and turning! I did flip them after about 12 15 min. and gave them another 5 min. just to brown on other side. But according to my thermometer they were plenty done at 15.

Meatball Soup

That sounds really good. I added to my list of things to make as soon as it cools down enough for soup [emoji38]

Btw, I've been baking meatballs on a sheet pan instead of pan-frying for several years now. I love it.

...Btw, I've been baking meatballs on a sheet pan instead of pan-frying for several years now. I love it.

Me too. As a matter of fact, I’m doing the right now as part of a big batch of Sunday Ragu I’m making for tonight’s dinner and the freezer.

Yes, I too have been baking them on a sheet for a long time now but this is one of the first times I've done them in a muffin tin.

I've done many things in the muffin tin - but rarely muffins! :LOL:

adding that I find it an easier clean up.

Last edited:
also true, silicone rocks! ONly have one sheet and a second sheet I cut up for the toaster oven.

For some reason I had no trouble cleaning the tins, maybe I just greased them right? The meatballs hardly stuck at all, just a tiny dot here and there.

Liners sound good for the tins - do they come in extra small for muffins? I'll have to start looking.
ermm, I don't have a dishwasher. Well actually... I do...and her name is dragn.

Last edited:
also true, silicone rocks! ONly have one sheet and a second sheet I cut up for the toaster oven.

For some reason I had no trouble cleaning the tins, maybe I just greased them right? The meatballs hardly stuck at all, just a tiny dot here and there.

Liners sound good for the tins - do they come in extra small for muffins? I'll have to start looking.
ermm, I don't have a dishwasher. Well actually... I do...and her name is dragn.

They come in various sizes:
silicone%20muffin%20cups.jpeg

A few years ago, I started shaping breads on a silicone mat instead of the counter, because it makes it easier to clean, so I needed more mats. I found this great deal at Amazon. The set was $18 when I bought it. Looks like it's about $15 now.
jumbo_1516673041_55e496f7e702c4cd942b5d64100cd6377df43246_700x933.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom