Saturday, 1/14/2017, Today's food plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flour

Cook
The soup from yesterday turned out good. Stock pot: put a teaspoon veg oil in the bottom with some red pepper flakes and course salt, diced a small yellow onion and orange bell pepper to throw on top that. Let the pot heat up, threw in the raw pork bone with a tiny bit of meat on it, sprinkled it with a tad more salt, a balsamic glaze, and garlic. Emptied out 1/4 cup flat ginger ale into the pot. Let the whole thing sit an hour. Added 1/4 cup lentil, 1/4 cup barley, 2 cups veggie broth, let it cook another hour or so until the lentils were done. The man came in and shredded the meat off the bone, and tossed the bone out.
So he will nosh on that this weekend.

Last edited:
Meatloaf, green beans and carrots, mashies with gravy if Craig decides to make it. I have the meatloaf in baking and the veges and potatoes ready to cook, so he will finish up.

A loaf of banana bread is also baking. Hopefully we'll have Bananas Foster on top of the BB for dessert.

Grilled Rib Eye steaks and steamed artichokes.

I'll bake a big potato and play my low carb sharing trick by scooping out the potato flesh for him, and use the shells for me. I load up both the flesh and skins with chives, butter, cheese and bacon bits. Yumm

Last edited:
We finally have a fresh seafood market within reasonable driving distance. Yeah! So...

Tonight we're having baked red snapper seasoned with butter, garlic, Cajun seasoning, parsley, and worcestershire sauce. Also have some royal ruby shrimp steamed to dip in drawn butter and have cubed some potatoes and browned them, with chopped onion, in butter and olive oil. Iced tea, as usual and angel food cake with fruit for dessert. Really looking forward to our meal.

DD and I woke up with sore throats. I broke down a whole chicken. I have the back, 1 breast, the wings, 20 wing tips (from last smoked wing meal) and veggies simmering for soup. All the veggies are chopped waiting to go in and brown rice is cooked. I need to grated some parm and Romano cheeses. My other DD will roast a leg and thigh, potatoes, onion, mushrooms and green pepper for her dinner.

We went here tonight: Home - St. Moritz Grill & Bar

Dinner was really good.

We started by sharing PEI mussels in a garlic cream sauce, and baby kale salad with blueberries and goat cheese in a dark balsamic viniagrette.

Then DW had the glazed salmon over sweet potato orzo topped with crispy leeks, my boy had the jambalaya, and I had a pork shank over redskin mashed and a side os string beans.

We finished with peanut butter and fudge shooters, and cappucinos.

SO and I went to an afternoon get together for drinks with some friends. Now we're home for the Patriots Texans playoff game.

Meatballs in chili and grape jelly sauce, and a veggie tray. Had company today for a banner making party. And we had way too much fun. Just ask DH...

I made clean-out-the-crisper fried rice and roasted chicken thighs with Penzeys Five-Spice Powder and soy sauce. I also made salads with Asian ginger-soy dressing. Good stuff :yum:

Attachments

• 1484447314268.jpg
    1484447314268.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 117
Did a major shopping trip, so dinner was basically convenience foods. So much talk here lately about rotisserie chickens, and they had decent sized ones at Market Basket tonight (gotta slum it since there isn't a Costco near us...), so I let one hop into my cart. Sides were canned Green Giant niblets corn and Knorr herbed and buttered rice. I feel like I sinned, in a culinary way. :LOL:

What a whirlwind roller coaster ride we've been on for the past,
what, 7-8 months?
We found some order to our chaos of late with the move,
and had Mister and Missus Landlord over for
Pupus and Cocktails,
YUM!
Stuffed Mushrooms
TJ's Mini Greek Spirals topped Goat Cheese and TJ's Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam (I could have sworn there was bacon in it too)
Homemade mini meatballs in marinara sauce
Veggie platter with Ranch dressing for dippin'
TJ's Roasted garlic Humus with Pita crackers
TJ's Greek Olive Medley
Locally Craft brewed Beer
and Sparkling Wine to be festive for the New Year and New House....
We all had a wonderful evening, so missed the two of them

We had a BLAST!

Threw a chuck roast in the pressure cooker with mushrooms, onion, green pepper, red wine, beef stock, garlic, parsley, and cooked that for 35 minutes. Thickened the gravy and served it with broccoli, side salads, and fresh homemade dinner rolls. Last time I have to cook for the Elders until a week from Monday! I get to eat spicy food that I like for 8 days! I loving the pressure cooker. For years I was afraid of it, but now, I love the convenience. And the meat turns out very tender. I am finally packed. Ride is coming to pick me up at 3:30 a.m. I still have to hit the shower and get dressed, but I think I can wait a wee bit longer.

Last edited:
Met my brother and sister in Ottawa for dinner. We ate at this place. Cyranos

I had the grilled eggplant for starts, and then the veal with Gorgonzola. GF had the mussels and pasta with prosciutto..Nice meal...nothing really memorable, though.. but nice to get out and spend some time with the fam...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom