Saturday 1/17's menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking4to

Senior Cook
I spent my kitchen time grinding pork and beef for tomorrows swedish meatballs and making the pasta for tomorrow- pappardelle, all cut and packaged ready to get boiled...

So for tonight I just made pizza, no cheese, onions and red sauce for the kids and one with oil, sun dried tomato, and basil for me and the wife. I made the kids a couple malted milk shakes for desert and me and my wife had a mai thai {used dark rum and lychee liquor in it, plus all the fruit and other stuff.}.

It felt like summer for a minute, then I had to run outside to drive my father over a pizza I made for them and I was brought back to reality...

Somehow screwed up my back a couple of days ago and feel pretty miserable :(, so I'll be ordering a pizza for delivery.

Sauerbraten mit Kartoffelkloesse und rotkohl.:yum:

Last edited:
Somehow screwed up my back a couple of days ago and feel pretty miserable :(, so I'll be ordering a pizza for delivery.

Sorry to hear that, I have battled injuries for a long time, I spent my teens to early 30's working out more than any human should, now I pay for it, all the muscle in the world wont hold up a bulging disc, just makes it worse, and I am 6'5" 300lbs so moving around on worn out knees, shoulders, elbows, hips, and back can be torture sometimes. I am on my 5th shoulder surgery and I am only in my mid 30's...

I feel for you, get better soon, and enjoy the pizza..

Roasting some broccoli. We also have chicken noodle soup I made with leftover homemade (not by me) chicken and noodles.

Hope your back feels better soon, Cheryl! Not fun!

Last edited:
That looks like something I could go for about now, Powerplant. Looks good!

Thank you Dawg, and Cooking4to. :)

Here are the dumplings cooked.
36788-albums318-picture6179.jpg

The dumplings cut in half to reveal the stuffing.
36788-albums318-picture6180.jpg

The plate with sauerbraten over the dumplings and red cabbage side dish.
36788-albums318-picture6181.jpg

Very tasty!:yum:

We made extra dumplings to pan fry in the morning, with eggs.

Tuscan chicken with sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms, sauteed green beans, and a glass of homemade pinot noir.

I even made dessert today: low carb maple walnut ice cream. :yum:

Somehow screwed up my back a couple of days ago and feel pretty miserable :(...
Ouch! Hope you feel better real soon.

PPO, that fried rice does look yummy.

We finished up the chicken soup from earlier in the week. I also made spinach salads with a warm bacon-tomato vinaigrette dressing.

I made a simple dish which I enjoy eating. Beef mince - sauteed with red chilli, then made into a thick gravy (with good beef stock and flour). Eaten with steamed new potatoes and kale.

Back
Top Bottom