Saturday, 1 Sept Evening Meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, somebunny! (such a cute name...:)) I love the nice and cool summertime meals, but have to say I am looking forward to fall weather and the soups and stews that go along with it! :LOL: :yum:

I made Dijon/lemon/ rosemary/sage/tarragon/ garlic/ marinaded chicken breasts ( boneless) on the grill earlier for dinner. Skewered zuke slices and home made peach cream pie for dessert.
Just ate a cold chix sandwich with a slice of tomato and am tempted to make another one. But I am stuffed and there is no need to be glutinous.

I made a tomato-meat sauce with onion, garlic, homegrown oven-roasted Roma tomatoes, and Italian sausage, served over spaghetti. I also made garlic toast and a salad topped with pickled peppers and onions.

ForumRunner_20120902_133155.png

I cooked for my clients and a bit extra for me! We had some duck breast with a honey, ginger, soy gravy. Lovely. and hassleback potatoes - haven't made these for years! Really nice.

Had errands to run & no time to fuss, so it was Beef kebabs w/ onions & green bell peppers marinated in honey teriyaki sauce; & vegetable skewers - mushrooms, cherry tomatoes & zukes. Lemon spinach couscous on the side. Quickie individual warm peach pies topped w/ vanilla ice cream.

Yum, all!

We went to an open house yesterday for my neighbor girl, who got herself a Fullbright scholarship, and who will be heading overseas shortly. It was a lovely cater, a beautiful buffet with colorful tossed salad, shredded chicken, marinated beef, amazing cheesy potatoes, an assortment of veggies. Very nice.

Everything looks and sounds wonderful!!

Steve I would love the recipe for the edamame artichoke salad. We love edamame artichoke.

I made a quick easy meal of Grilled American cheese and Swiss cheese sandwiches and lentil soup (no picture of soup).

img_1182961_0_21549e024b8b030c791db1ea1b418e4e.jpg

I made a quick easy meal of Grilled American cheese and Swiss cheese sandwiches and lentil soup (no picture of soup).

img_1182976_0_21549e024b8b030c791db1ea1b418e4e.jpg
I really enjoy grilled cheese sandwiches but try to limit my consumption to 1 to 2 sandwiches fried in butter for breakfast once or twice per month. My fav contains cheddar or Swiss, thinly sliced onion, and a thin slice of ham with the Swiss.
It's a tricky proposition to get them golden brown with the cheese well melted without having the cheese ooze out on to the grilling surface.
The process seems to benefit from the judicious use of a griddle press-

Attachments

• griddlePress_.jpg
    griddlePress_.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 244
I really enjoy grilled cheese sandwiches but try to limit my consumption to 1 to 2 sandwiches fried in butter for breakfast once or twice per month. My fav contains cheddar or Swiss, thinly sliced onion, and a thin slice of ham with the Swiss.
It's a tricky proposition to get them golden brown with the cheese well melted without having the cheese ooze out on to the grilling surface.
The process seems to benefit from the judicious use of a griddle press-
I didn't press these. I got them nicely colored than lowered the heat a bit and flipped several times. Came out nice and "gooey". LOL

I have a rectangle press with ridges (not smooth like the new ones) and a wood handle. The wood is starting to discolor. But I have been looking at the newer ones with the curly handle.

Heres a picture of the one I have.

img_1182982_0_2ed4dbc85646928776ac50fb37ad90b5.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't press these. I got them nicely colored than lowered the heat a bit and flipped several times. Came out nice and "gooey". LOL

I have a rectangle press with ridges (not smooth like the new ones) and a wood handle. The wood is starting to discolor. But I have been looking at the newer ones with the curly handle.

Heres a picture of the one I have.

img_1182987_0_2ed4dbc85646928776ac50fb37ad90b5.jpg
Looks good. I like them because they seem to reduce and make for more consistent cooking times. I cover mine with some aluminum foil to reduce need for cleanup.

Back
Top Bottom