Saturday, 1 Sept Evening Meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justplainbill

Executive Chef
Spaghetti with a basil, walnut, olive oil, garlic and Locatelli pecorino pesto sauce; 133g (dry weight) for me 100g for my wife, with 3.5 Tbs and 2.5 Tbs of sauce respectively . Some extra (2 Tbs) Hojiblana evoo and hot red pepper flakes on mine.

Last edited:
Probably just bruschetta with a sliced avocado on the side, for a late afternoon dinner. I need to use up some mini heirlooms and basil. :)

I need to figure out what to do with 2 pounds of grape tomatoes that I cannot eat right now, think they would freeze okay? Use for cooking later?

PrincessFiona60 said:
I need to figure out what to do with 2 pounds of grape tomatoes that I cannot eat right now, think they would freeze okay? Use for cooking later?

Little toms freeze fine, whole. They won't be purty for salads, but will be fine for cooking. The skins will slip right off after freezing. They dehydrate well too, slice in half.

Go to bed.

Little toms freeze fine, whole. They won't be purty for salads, but will be fine for cooking. The skins will slip right off after freezing. They dehydrate well too, slice in half.

Go to bed.

After I shove the tomatoes in the freezer. I don't think I should be eating things like that right now and I just bought them.

We've been spending the day busy with regular Saturday chores and prepping for our cookout tomorrow. Had to pack some burgers, sausages and such for the freezer. Plus Verizon just started selling FIOS in our condo complex so I had to visit them for prices and sort out the differences vs. Comcast.

All that to say, Burgers on the grill plus a couple of grilled zucchini.

Last night we had a lovely homemade pizza

Pizza%25202.jpg

Pizza%25201.jpg

Looks great, Kylie!

Tonight we had a light dinner (in anticipation of tomorrow's cookout). Buffalo chicken wraps on lavash, edamame artichoke salad, and some fresh fruit.

img_1182816_0_58fcdddff67088f94a5fb9311bec446d.jpg

Grilled steaks for us tonight. I am making orecchiette with a creamy roasted red pepper sauce to go with them. Garlic stuffed artisan bread on the side and the ever present steamed broccoli ;-) perhaps a pic later.

Last edited:
We went out for dinner at our favorite restaurant here in Williamsburg, Food For Thought. I thought I'd snap a few pics of our dinner. My appetizer was steamed mussels in a white wine & cream sauce with mushrooms and tomato. I has hickory smoked wild salmon and SO had pistachio-encrusted chicken. The veg of the day was asparagus in a lemon butter sauce. No desert as we were too full.

Attachments

• Mussels.jpg
    Mussels.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 205
  • hickory smoked salmon.jpg
    hickory smoked salmon.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 148
  • NuttyChicken.jpg
    NuttyChicken.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 140
Those meals look really good Dave, especially the mussels! I love mussels done that way!

They were really really good! :LOL: We are going back tomorrow night and if they still have it I'm going to have the swordfish.

Yummm...Kylie, great looking pizza. Steve, your edamame and artichoke salad looks like something I would love. Dave, that dinner out looks amazing. Great sounding meals, everyone. :yum:

I had a light meal late this afternoon on the patio. Bruschetta, avocado, and a few slices of smoked gouda.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 149

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom