Saturday, 10/21 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I found an escaped pound of elk burger in the freezer. So it's burgers with green chile sauce, cheese, onion, tomato, and lettuce.

What are you having?

I finally tried the smothered bacon cheese wine sauce chicken last night and I have to admit, it was lacking a little. But right now I have a baked potato in the oven for a twice baked potato treat, complete with all the trimmings (sour cream, garlic, onion, etc).

This was supposed to be lunch or breakfast, but I'll be eating it at about 4p so it could be called dinner. But with a bedtime of about 4am, I guess the real dinner will be a tuna melt tonight at about 11 or so.

Breaded pork chops, stuffing, green beans and gravy.

breaded_pork_chops_102117_IMG_3313.jpg

Good 'ole fried corn tacos with Penzey's taco seasonings in the gr. chuck and all the taco trimmings. .. yumm yumm.

How I hate the flavorless hard boxed taco shells they sell.

Last edited:
We're each making and having our own chile, with rice for me, some kind of pasta for Craig.

My dinner started a few weeks ago, when Kroger had some Pecan Smoked Pork and Bambi Sausage in the Manager's Specials for 90-cents a package. There were seven packages. I bought them all. :)

I grilled one this afternoon to crisp up the skin and render some fat, then added it to Black Beans, rough diced Onions, fine dice Garlic, and a couple of Cayenne Peppers from my garden (left whole and removed after cooking -- that was enough heat).

You could definitely taste the venison in the sausage, but it wasn't overpowering. Overall, a very tasty and somewhat healthy meal.

CD

Attachments

• Wahoo.jpg
    Wahoo.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 134
  • Beans-10-1701.jpg
    Beans-10-1701.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 122
DH and I tried a new seafood restaurant in town tonight. The food was good, but we were disappointed with the service and the atmosphere. We waited for 20 minutes and when we were seated, we saw that the dining room was half empty. Then dinner seemed to take longer than it needed to (we didn't order appetizers). The dining room felt quiet and boring - no music, no chatter, and the décor was nothing special. Almost like a cafeteria, and a big contrast to the bar area.

DH had a basket of fish (flounder) and chips with coleslaw and I had fish tacos (also flounder) with charros beans, which was a nice change from the usual refried beans. The aioli served with both was very good.
1021171826a.jpg1021171826c.jpg

I'm sorry, I never think about pictures until it is too late!

We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, with cucumbers (for both) and grape tomatoes (the last from the plant on our balcony for TB).

Dessert is going to be pieces of last week's cake dipped in the flopped but tasty pastry cream (which I am now calling creme anglais), both of which I put into the freezer to pull out when needed! :angel:

Last edited:
Everything sounds SUPER guys!!

A buddy of mine who has a spice/seasoning/rub company
sent me a trial of his newest; it's not out to the public yet
and I tried it on our grilled `burgers.

009.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

This smelled A~MAZ~ING!!
And the taste was over the top, I'd never had a Beef `Burger
flavored quite that way before ... very tasty!
I didn't tell DH what he was having, but ...
DH: WOW! This smells really good, what did you do different?
Me: Oh, nothing really. That's an amazing grill you bought me, y'know.
DH: Well, what ever it is, do it again, this is best burger yet!
:blush:

I headed out the door to grocery shop, knowing full well we'd be having a chicken/chickpea/spinach soup with shrimp po'boy sandwiches for supper. Then this happened:

Attachments

• 20171021_223840.jpg
    20171021_223840.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 134
In case you can't tell, we had Capt. Parker's clam chowder (it's like a $10 vacation on The Cape :yum: ), griddled Rachel sandwiches* - hold the Thousand Island dressing, homemade dill pickle, homemade lemon-garlic cauliflower, Snyder's of Berlin potato chips - imported from Ohio.

*In our kitchen, a "Rachel" just subs pastrami in place of the corned beef. Your version may differ...

Back
Top Bottom