Saturday 12/10/11 What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Patty. I usually use bottom round. It was on sale $1.99/lb so I picked up a couple. I cooked this one 5 hours.

I really like that price!! I asked because the plan for tomorrow is to cook a Tied Rump Roast. I have never cooked one before. I haven't seen any good deals on meat around here in a long while. :(

It's cold and snowy here. The DH has been Jonesing for cottage pie (shepherd's pie with ground beef instead of lamb), so that's what I made. I made a very simple green salad with homemade vinaigrette to go with it. Had a nice red box wine to go with. Happy tummy.

IMG_2944.JPG

IMG_2947.JPG

It's cold and snowy here. The DH has been Jonesing for cottage pie (shepherd's pie with ground beef instead of lamb), so that's what I made. I made a very simple green salad with homemade vinaigrette to go with it. Had a nice red box wine to go with. Happy tummy.

IMG_2944.JPG

IMG_2947.JPG
Very nice tl! Do you ever put shredded cheddar on top?

I made a sorta-Reuben sandwich.

Wheat bread, pastrami, sauerkraut, ketchup, miracle whip, and muenster cheese. Heated in the microwave for a minute. It was actually really good!

I have the veggies peeled for a beef stew for me and my son. This dang muscle relaxer has me sleeping most of the day. So I don't dare start cooking anything unless I know I can stay awake to tend to it. We finally are beginning to have winter weather. Temps are in the lower 30's. And that says "Comfort Food" loud and clear to me. I won't be cooking Monday. I am going to a catered party that the building management is tossing for us residents. And then a luncheon on Thursday. And on Christmas Eve, my son and I are going to have corn chowder. :chef:

Cooked for one as the folks were out at a Christmas do. Just cooked up some mushrooms and sprouts and had them in a big bowl with my homemade tomato sauce. Oh and lots of alcohol...

very nice, mofet and rock.

we went christmas shopping in the poconos (pennsylvania) yesterday. got dw a coupla pairs of boots and a furry (i hope it's faux) winter vest, and the boy his fiest ice fishing rod, ice lures, and carp bait.

then we went to big daddy's bbq for dinner. the food was fantastic, and you couldn't ask for a nicer kid as our waiter.

after salads, my boy had pulled pork sliders, dw had bbq chicken, and i had smoked turkey and a gigantic beef rib, all with slaw and bacon laden baked beans. oh, and delicious northern style cornbread with pecan butter.

this was our third time there, and it's going to be difficult to want to go anywhere else when we're in the area.

That meal looks like pure comfort food to me, msmofet.

It just doesn't get any better than that!

very nice, mofet and rock.

we went christmas shopping in the poconos (pennsylvania) yesterday. got dw a coupla pairs of boots and a furry (i hope it's faux) winter vest, and the boy his fiest ice fishing rod, ice lures, and carp bait.

then we went to big daddy's bbq for dinner. the food was fantastic, and you couldn't ask for a nicer kid as our waiter.

after salads, my boy had pulled pork sliders, dw had bbq chicken, and i had smoked turkey and a gigantic beef rib, all with slaw and bacon laden baked beans. oh, and delicious northern style cornbread with pecan butter.

this was our third time there, and it's going to be difficult to want to go anywhere else when we're in the area.
Thank you Tim and bucky!

SO bucky you had a Fred Finstone dinner? Please PM me the skinny on this place you ate. Is it in Scots Run? We go to the Crossings outlet Mall sometimes. It's a nice drive. We stop at the Cracker Barrel at exit 30 Mt. Arlington then into PA.

Back
Top Bottom