Saturday 12/10/11 What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Please merge if this is a duplicate thread.

My pot roast has been simmering for several hours and it smell wonderful. Dinner is surprise .... pot roast!! LOL Mashed red and yukon taters, gravy and I am not sure if we will just have steamed carrots and broccoli, salad or both.

Any plans?

I was out shopping today and picked up two giant sirloin strip steaks. They're over 1.8 pounds each. So I'll cut each one in half to make thinner steaks and we'll get two meals for the two of us. I think I'll do mashed and a veggie to go with it.

Smoked turkey/wild rice/ black bean soup, and it is outstanding! ( she said modestly). Initial plans were to do it in the CP, but it grew out of the smaller one, and I didn't feel like hauling out Big Bertha, so am doing it stovetop.

Last edited:
I'm still working on getting rid of the leftover chicken. The DH is not here this weekend, so I can't cook anything "new" until I finish the leftovers...thinking home-made pizza for tomorrow night...

i have half of a sweet potato from last night. will have that along with an oriental salad. half a pork chop, will chop up and put on top of salad. easy peasy. i have pulled a muscle in my right arm. can only chop or type etc for a short time.

Jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese, hot Italian sausage and horseradish cheddar cheese with a bowl of Seasoned Collard Greens with a dash of vinegar, corn on the cob and red potatoes in butter sauce.

Just found this horseradish/cheddar cheese today. Tried a slice in the store and it was wonderful.

Last edited:
I'm thinking my dinner will be mint tea. My tummy is a wee bit unsettled. Perhaps I shouldn't have eaten all that crap food earlier. Sheesh. Will I never learn?

I'm leaving pulled pork for the family. Its in the crockpot right now and smelling fine. They can put together their own salad.

I wanted to pick up a steak today and forgot all about it. I was buying too much cereal and snack food (Alix...) Crab cakes was already on the menu, but a smallish steak would have gone well. So it's crab cakes so far on the menu.
I did manage to find myself in the gun shop again though... sure wish I had remembered that steak.

I had a concert this afternoon so I put chili in the crock pot. Had some steamed rice left from Chinese take-out so I warmed it up with the chili.

Pot roast and au jus gravy, mashed red & Yukon potatoes (cream cheese, butter & sour cream), steamed fresh carrots and salad (butter lettuce, broccoli, vine tomato, mushroom caps, carrots curls and homemade Italian dressing).

img_1082237_0_b2bc980e7f36b6f317c83f78cf031e9b.jpg

msmofet said:
Pot roast and au jus gravy, mashed red & Yukon potatoes (cream cheese, butter & sour cream), steamed fresh carrots and salad (butter lettuce, broccoli, vine tomato, mushroom caps, carrots curls and homemade Italian dressing).

Oh yummmmmmm.

Hawaiian ahi poke on a bed of sprouts, a sort of slaw made with my favorite bottled peanut sauce, and, as they said when I lived there, "two scoops rice."

Rocklobster said:
Chicken Cacciatore. Went with chopped chicken breasts served over fettuccine noodles.

Rock, my dinner looks just like yours! Am still trying to figure out how to post pics without the 5 step process I usually have to go through!

img_1082262_0_b2bc980e7f36b6f317c83f78cf031e9b.jpg

Yum!! What cut of meat did you cook?

I had:
Pork Chop
Baked Sweet Potato
Marinated Green Beans
Succotash
Apple Sauce

Last edited:
Yum!! What cut of meat did you cook?

I had:
Pork Chop
Baked Sweet Potato
Marinated Green Beans
Succotash
Apple Sauce
Thank you Patty. I usually use bottom round. It was on sale $1.99/lb so I picked up a couple. I cooked this one 5 hours.

Back
Top Bottom