Saturday 12/10/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Something with ground beef - sloppy joe, burgers, meatloaf not sure yet.

BBQ pork ribs, potato salad, plain Greek yogurt with curry powder. Snacks: dried figs, Parmesan crisps and pistachios. I'll try to get a salad from the cafeteria.

I'm eating a little early tonight. This can be both lunch and dinner.

I just put a meatloaf with roast potatoes in the oven. I've never seen this before (although I'm sure people have done this), but I did the meatloaf like normal and set it in a roasting dish, then put the peeled and chopped potatoes around it like I would a roast. I have no idea what it will taste like or if the potatoes will even get done, but we'll see what happens in an hour.

I'm about to put some foil wrapped pork loin ribs in the oven, seasoned with Jamaican Jerk seasonings. SC will have some chili beans, and we'll both have salads.

RT, I always do a free form meatloaf like that. It works out well with the potatoes cooking in the drippings and a nice crust all around on the meatloaf. You'll have a good dinner!

Last edited:
Have a hankering for chicken nuggets after reading another post here. Sadly, I discovered I have no panko bread crumbs. Aha! I have Stovetop Stuffing! I'll smush some up, maybe with some of the Japanese sesame sticks DH brought home from work.

I made some blue cheese dressing from some mediocre blue cheese (Maytag it's not) and we'll have that with carrot and celery sticks.

Last edited:
Our homegrown fingerling potatoes are starting to sprout, so I'm going to halve and roast them. I found a bag of chicken wings in the freezer, so I'm going to season and roast them, too, and bake a loaf of no-knead bread. I'll probably make a salad to go with it all.

Uncle Bob! Good to see you again, sir.

Takeout Chinese at home tonight while putting up the tree. (last night's was at work).

Wonton soup, spring rolls, garlic shrimp, kung pao chicken, and singapore mei fun.

Fa ra ra ra raaaaaa, ra raaa, raaaa, raaaaaaaaaah.

I made a quick meat sauce (ground beef, Onion, garlic and basil. Dry oregano, spices, EVOO, burgundy wine and can PLAIN tomato sauce) over Ronzoni quick cook rotini. This was first time I used this pasta and I like it. It cooked in exactly 3 minutes. It's nice thin small rotini. I will make it again.

Oh, Dawg...those chicken nuggets sure do look good! :yum:

Been a busy day getting the tree and about halfway decorating it and the living room, so I just had a nibbly kind of dinner this afternoon. A slice of toasted whole wheat spread with roasted red pepper hummus, an avocado, and a deviled egg. Good enough. :)

Oh, Dawg...those chicken nuggets sure do look good! :yum:

Been a busy day getting the tree and about halfway decorating it and the living room, so I just had a nibbly kind of dinner this afternoon. A slice of toasted whole wheat spread with roasted red pepper hummus, an avocado, and a deviled egg. Good enough. :)

Thanks, Darlin'! They were actually quite tasty, nice and crunchy.

Did you pan fry them or oven cook them?

They look awesome!!

Thanks, MsM! Baked in my toaster oven.

The mayo is a great replacement for egg and flour, I can skip all the steps, and crushed Stovetop Stuffing makes a great replacement for panko if you're out!

Last edited:
Gonna try making Swedish meatballs with gravy and egg noodles.

1591-albums1062-picture6760.jpg

RT, I always do a free form meatloaf like that. It works out well with the potatoes cooking in the drippings and a nice crust all around on the meatloaf. You'll have a good dinner!

You are so right. It was delicious, I even went back for seconds. No more mashed potatoes with meatloaf!

Back
Top Bottom