Saturday 12th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
Well the weekend is upon us! Hope everyone has a great and safe one!

So, what are you all cooking for dinner tonight?
I'm looking forward to making a beef chilli. Great to warm us up on these cold nights.

We're heading to the Outer Banks for the weekend. So many good places to eat there so we haven't decided on where yet. Whatever we choose, I know it will be good food!

Pork chops baked in the oven. Mashed or baked potatoes, carrots with butter and ginger, green salad and biscuits and honey not sure about dessert it's to early.
kades

Undecided. I've been eating like a mad fool all morning though.
I've had two ring bologna sandwiches with mustard and a decent portion of the leftover shrimp/sausage/beans/ bacon/ rice dish from the other night. Maybe I'll have some kind of see food for dinner. I've been eating all the food I see all morning anyway.

I'm on my way to the kitchen. I'll start with Manhatten Clam Chowder , lobster tail & shrimp scampi over linguine for tonights dinner.

I am testing out a recipe I would like to bring to my parents house for Thanksgiving. They want to add a new vegetable to the table. So I want to make Brussel Sprouts with pomegranate and walnuts. But I gotta do a test run before the big day.

Figured Ill roast up a chicken and some butternut squash to go with it. Should be good.

I had chicken noodle soup for lunch. No idea what I'm going to make for dinner. I'm tempted to go out and eat at a restaurant.

Going out to the annual Danish Club "Mortens Gås (St Martin's Goose) dinner and dance".

The menu:

Three small, open-faced sandwiches: shrimp, smoked salmon, roast beef

Goose stuffed with apples and prunes
two kinds of potatoes
red cabbage
Royal Edward veg & gravy (I wonder what that is)

Red and white wine

Ris à l'amande for dessert.

Fresh off of the boat snapper(it's nice living 2 miles from the Gulf) sauteed with some almonds and topped with a bit of lemon juice and some thin slices of avocado and some small boiled/smashed/fried potatoes

Yes, today is a perfect day for grilling. It's an easy grill too-- Saturday night burgers with grilled onion slices and grill toasted buns. A can of Bush'es (original flavor ) bake beans heated in doors and will stir in some of the grilled onion to spruce them up. I have some melon too, so might as well just call this a picnic.

Undecided. I've been eating like a mad fool all morning though.
I've had two ring bologna sandwiches with mustard and a decent portion of the leftover shrimp/sausage/beans/ bacon/ rice dish from the other night. Maybe I'll have some kind of see food for dinner. I've been eating all the food I see all morning anyway.

What is "ring bologna"?

Back
Top Bottom