Saturday 2/12/11 What's Cooking Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KADES! Welcome back! We've missed you!

What kind did you get? I bought one a few years ago and have never used it, haven't tackled my fear yet either.

Dave, I got the 10 quart Futuro Pressure Cooker/Canner. I spent time picking out a pressure cooker/canner. I wanted something that would lend itself to the micro-canning that I like to do. (Frank has been making stocks lately, and we are very limited in our freezer space. Canning stock seemed to be a good solution.) It's size seems perfect for the canning that I would use it for.

What sold me on the Futuro was that it had compact handles, a quick release valve, and, honestly, it seemed simple enough that I felt I really could understand how it was built....which helped me lessen my fear of the pressure cooker. I had a regular pressure cooker or over 30 years and never used it. I gave it away still new in the box. :ermm:

Kathleen, You have the manuel just follow the saftey directions and don't be afraid of it. They are awesome. But you can't cook it and eat it in eight minutes :ROFLMAO:

Josie

Wayyyy back in the day, Josie, my mother sent a chicken into orbit with a pressure cooker. It blew out the seal and started to spin on the stove, and then it sailed up and around the kitchen banging off of walls and seemed to seek wherever I darted to hide. Chicken grease went everywhere. It left an impression. :wacko:

I will say that I was strutting in that I actually used this and lived to tell the tale. :chef:

~Kathleen

KADES! Welcome back! We've missed you!

Wayyyy back in the day, Josie, my mother sent a chicken into orbit with a pressure cooker. It blew out the seal and started to spin on the stove, and then it sailed up and around the kitchen banging off of walls and seemed to seek wherever I darted to hide. Chicken grease went everywhere. It left an impression. :wacko:

I will say that I was strutting in that I actually used this and lived to tell the tale. :chef:

~Kathleen

...I would have paid just to see a projectile pressure cooker chicken :ROFLMAO::LOL:

I forget what brand I bought. It is up in the attic. :angel:
I wanted to use if for canning also but the garden has been so bad since I bought it I haven't had anything to can.

Last edited:
chopper, it was the best meal i have had in awhile. the lobster was super, could have used some more. lol i wrapped the asparagus spears in puff pastry and baked it.. to die for, it was so wonderful. yellow squash, with butter, garlic pwd. and paprika.

i am so full, maybe i won't need dessert. but when has that stopped me. have a good night. sleep well and wake up happy, friend. :mellow::mellow:
I just looked at this today, missed it last night. I really want to make asparagus that way. It sounds wonderful! You go girl!

Back
Top Bottom