Saturday 2/12/11 What's Cooking Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Make double the amount of patties - patted thin - then put a nice layer of blue cheese between and seal the edges. Delicious

I don't have any blue cheese, but you are making me think...I could maybe use the swiss, and maybe crumbled bacon in the middle of those thin patties. Dh could grill them up with a bit of bbq sauce, and we would be all set. Bacon Swiss Barbeque Burgers! :)

I'm still having a bit of pain and trouble chewing after my afternoon rendevous with the dentist, but I am going to make stromboli this evening. Maybe some salad with it.

I just "nibbled" on that chicken breast. I dropped it in the pressure cooker with about 1/2c of water, a quartered lime, four cloves of garlic, some onion and a little salt and let the PC do its thing for eleven minutes. Then shredded it for tomorrow's meal(s). I'm surprised I had the willpower to take just a few bites. It was incredibly moist and flavorful, just what PCs do.
Now I can concentrate on the real dinner :)

Not cooking tonight.. GF gave me the night off as we're celebrating 2 years together and she had her heart set on the Artichoke Cafe in central Albuquerque.

-Damien

I have a strip steak thawing now. After reading this thread though, I'm craving a burger :) I think I'll put one on the grill and cut up a potato and make fries and save the steak for tomorrow. That works better anyway, won't have to rush the marinade

Kathleen is overcoming her fear of pressure cookers and made a delightful meal with pork chops, apples and yams in the new PC.

Twas very tasty. She seemed a little sad when she realized she had to wait for the pressure to do its own release and we couldn't actually eat in 8 minutes. :LOL:

We're having pork chops (some way?), baked sweet potatoes, buttered Brussels sprouts and blackberry pie with ice cream.
Hi Katie:)
Sounds like dinner is going to be a winner.Hope all is ok...we are having chilli dogs, beans, green salad. peach cobbler.
kadesma

Kathleen is overcoming her fear of pressure cookers and made a delightful meal with pork chops, apples and yams in the new PC.

Twas very tasty. She seemed a little sad when she realized she had to wait for the pressure to do its own release and we couldn't actually eat in 8 minutes. :LOL:

It was tasty, but the pressure cooker/canner seems to fade colors from the ingredients. Tasty, but not picture-worthy. I'm glad that I got the PC for canning. It's a hybrid cooker/canner. It seems the perfect size for my micro-canning. I'm still a bit fearful of it though. :ermm:

Kades!!! I'm so durn happy to see you!! It's been way too long!!
:flowers::winkiss: Where ya been and whatcha been up to???

All this talk of burgers had me digging in the freezer!! Gorgeous day for grilling burgers, and will be doing some grilled 99Cents a lb asparagus too!!

Yummm

It was tasty, but the pressure cooker/canner seems to fade colors from the ingredients. Tasty, but not picture-worthy. I'm glad that I got the PC for canning. It's a hybrid cooker/canner. It seems the perfect size for my micro-canning. I'm still a bit fearful of it though. :ermm:

What kind did you get? I bought one a few years ago and have never used it, haven't tackled my fear yet either.

Kades!!! I'm so durn happy to see you!! It's been way too long!!
:flowers::winkiss: Where ya been and whatcha been up to???

All this talk of burgers had me digging in the freezer!! Gorgeous day for grilling burgers, and will be doing some grilled 99Cents a lb asparagus too!!

Yummm
It's wonderful to see you too. I've been in th hospital since thanksgivng night. miss Christmas with my babies, birthday, anniversary. Came home month ago. Had a stroke so had to learn to walkI Now I need to find a simple peanut butter cookie recipe to make and take to my group at dialysis. gotta go will talk with you soon,
kades:)

It was grocery day. For dinner it was chicken enchiladas with a fresh made salsa verda and salsa rojo. The salsa vegis were charred under the broiler (raining here, so no grill). Used fontina and muenster added to the filling and melted on top. I also made a brine for a roaster, which is now in the fridge.

Craig

Kathleen, You have the manuel just follow the saftey directions and don't be afraid of it. They are awesome. But you can't cook it and eat it in eight minutes :ROFLMAO:

Josie

pizza for us w/ peperoni mushrooms peppers and onions, and two pans of Johnnie Marzetti for church tomorrow.

That is a meal fit foir a Queen! Enjoy!:king:

chopper, it was the best meal i have had in awhile. the lobster was super, could have used some more. lol i wrapped the asparagus spears in puff pastry and baked it.. to die for, it was so wonderful. yellow squash, with butter, garlic pwd. and paprika.

i am so full, maybe i won't need dessert. but when has that stopped me. have a good night. sleep well and wake up happy, friend. :mellow::mellow:

Marinated a nice bundle of spare ribs overnight in tomato paste, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and char siu sauce. Served them with rice and steamed bok choy and snowpeas. The ginger came through beautifully!

Back
Top Bottom