Saturday 2/12/11 What's Cooking Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm starting a seafood stew. I had been hungry for Oyster Stew, but no fresh oysters are to be found, so I bought a small can which isn't the same flavor at all, so my dish will be

1/4# Krab
6 medium shrimp
small can oysters
Bacon
Celery
Onions
Lots of garlic, toasted gently to be soft like roasted
Milk/evaporated milk

I'm marinating the Krab and shrimp in the liquid from the can of oysters, plus the oil from a tin of smoked oysters.

I'm hoping it will come out tasting oystery. I plan to cook it up a little later today, then cool and refrigerate until dinnertime then reheat, giving the flavors a chance to blend.

What are you cooking today?

Not too fancy today! The weather is finally nice enough to cook out! We will be grilling hamburgers tonight! :clap:

I took some crablegs and a lobster tail out of the freezer this morning and was going to serve them with a bison steak... then I remembered about 15 minutes ago that I had two more chicken breasts thawed that I was going to do another Mexican dish with, so I'll be having chicken again. Not sure how I feel about that at this moment, but I don't want the chicken to go to waste.

Ken is going to BBQ some steaks tonight. I'm not sure what else is on the menu, but I know I'll be getting a spice cake with brown sugar fudge icing.

Not sure. Everybody is gone and I am out the door at 6:00 pm to play at a Valentine's Dance. Maybe hit the cold cut box and have a sandwhich with a few potato chips and a cold beer. I usually eat light before a show. Sold out crowd tonight. The hall holds over 600 people...

Gotta walk the dog first...

Ok all,
I am thinking of my burgers I am going to have tonight. I have 2# of lean g.b. thawing at the present time. I want to make the burgers special tonight (I will be grilling). I would love ideas for something new. I thought maybe I would have bacon and swiss cheese on them, and serving with rosemary and garlic roasted potatoes. What do you think I should do with the beef to make it great?

I took some crablegs and a lobster tail out of the freezer this morning and was going to serve them with a bison steak... then I remembered about 15 minutes ago that I had two more chicken breasts thawed that I was going to do another Mexican dish with, so I'll be having chicken again. Not sure how I feel about that at this moment, but I don't want the chicken to go to waste.

Cook chicken breast, shred, make BBQ and freeze for another day.:chef:

That is a good idea. I was going to steam it for what I needed anyway, so I'll just shred it and save until tomorrow. I'm much more in the mood for seafood.

We need some more home cooking after our vacation so I'm making spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread. I think I'll crack open a bottle of red to go with it.

Ok all,
I am thinking of my burgers I am going to have tonight. I have 2# of lean g.b. thawing at the present time. I want to make the burgers special tonight (I will be grilling). I would love ideas for something new. I thought maybe I would have bacon and swiss cheese on them, and serving with rosemary and garlic roasted potatoes. What do you think I should do with the beef to make it great?
Make double the amount of patties - patted thin - then put a nice layer of blue cheese between and seal the edges. Delicious

Leftovers are fun. Sometimes we have so many leftovers in the fridge and we have a yoyo night. (your on your own). :LOL:

I plan for leftovers but somehow we ended up with more than I planned for this week and I need the fridge cleaned out because I'm cooking dinners tomorrow and Monday.

Back
Top Bottom