Saturday 2/19/11 What's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have a wonderful time, Kayelle. There's a lot of good eating over there. I'll miss you.

I'm a bit bummed, my asparagus had taken a turn for the worse :( And I was really lookiing forward to some bacon wrapped asparagus, so I decided on having green beans instead. They will be in the picture later :)
Along with the ribs 1-1/2 hours in. Just about ready to sauce.

Attachments

• green beans1.jpg
    green beans1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 180
  • ribs1.jpg
    ribs1.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 159
I found some great fresh green beans and fresh asparagus, and made a stir fry with them, some pork, and green onions.

Found this recipe: Aromatic chicken curry recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food. I used two chicken legs and two boneless half chicken breasts. I also added a teaspoon of ground coriander because I didn't think there were enough spices; I love coriander; and I didn't have any coriander greens (cilantro). It was pretty good, but it took a lot longer to reduce than the recipe says. It was quite tasty, but if I had it in an Indian restaurant, I wouldn't bother to remember the name. It has potential, but needs tweaking.

We had it with brown basmati rice and broccoli that had been microwave steamed a little and then sautéed with hot pepper flakes and garlic.

Attachments

• IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 164
We had pan-fried rainbow trout with a caramelized scallion/white wine/butter sauce. Baked potatoes and steamed broccoli on the side. Our favorite Devil's Food Cake with Chocolate Ganache frosting for dessert.

I got a treat, we had Chinese take-out: sesame chicken, General Tso chicken, and Roast Pork lo mien.

My ribs hit the spot. Fall off the bone tender with just a hint of hickory smoke. And the bacon in the green beans was a nice match.

Attachments

• ribs2.jpg
    ribs2.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 164
Back
Top Bottom