Saturday, 2/5/2011, What's on the table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chicken thighs in crockpot with chili sauce. may just make a sandwich of some, with cheese, lettuce etc on a whole wheat bun. ice cream for dessert. worked my b off today. need easy dinner.

I was thinking Fondue, but have feeling DH will veto as it means a trip to the grocery store for some fresh veg.

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Oven fried chicken thighs, mashed potatoes, and corn. :cool:

:)Barbara
Last minute change of plans. I decided to cook the chicken thighs with the Raspberry and Wild Huckleberry Chipotle sauce that Princess Fiona and Shrek sent us. We had a late lunch and are eating supper late. I can't wait! I'm going to make Rice-a-Roni instead of potatoes--I think that will go better with the chicken done that way.

I got my broccoli fix in tonight. It's been too long... along with a loco moco. Home cookin'...:)

Attachments

• loco moco.jpg
    loco moco.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 290
Last minute change of plans. I decided to cook the chicken thighs with the Raspberry and Wild Huckleberry Chipotle sauce that Princess Fiona and Shrek sent us. We had a late lunch and are eating supper late. I can't wait! I'm going to make Rice-a-Roni instead of potatoes--I think that will go better with the chicken done that way.

That sounds yummy!

We had lemon Cake for dessert...there's pics in Alix's Lemon Cake thread.

Here's how my dinner turned out...not the best detail on the image, but you get the idea. I grilled (stove top) the shrimp w/ low sodium Old Bay and squirted some lemon juice on right before I took it off...it had a really good smoky flavor I usually don't get from the stove top grill. For the rice, I used jasmine rice, chicken broth, Chili Fiesta Mrs. Dash and stirred in some grated lime rind and cilantro at the end. Salad is just salad.:chef:

I made a slightly lighter version of Alix's lemon cake and had a piece for dessert...YUM!! I'll post about that on that thread.

Attachments

• SD533069.jpg
    SD533069.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 165
Got a great deal on tuna steaks at the market this week, so we had tuna steak au poivre with a soy/lime/ginger dipping sauce, sauteed onions and mushrooms, tossed salad, and "funeral" cake for dessert.

The dessert is kind of a joke because it's a cake recipe from a friend who always takes it to funerals, wakes, etc. She always has the ingredients in her pantry.

It's a box yellow cake made in a 9- x 13-inch pan. While still warm, it gets poked and a whole can of coconut milk poured over to soak in. When the cake is cold, it's iced with a mixture of a container of whipped topping mixed with a can of premade cream cheese icing, then the whole thing is mounded with shredded coconut. Chill overnight. Whoa!!!!! This is a wonderful cake.

That sounds yummy!...
It was!!!

Got a great deal on tuna steaks at the market this week, so we had tuna steak au poivre with a soy/lime/ginger dipping sauce, sauteed onions and mushrooms, tossed salad, and "funeral" cake for dessert.

The dessert is kind of a joke because it's a cake recipe from a friend who always takes it to funerals, wakes, etc. She always has the ingredients in her pantry.

It's a box yellow cake made in a 9- x 13-inch pan. While still warm, it gets poked and a whole can of coconut milk poured over to soak in. When the cake is cold, it's iced with a mixture of a container of whipped topping mixed with a can of premade cream cheese icing, then the whole thing is mounded with shredded coconut. Chill overnight. Whoa!!!!! This is a wonderful cake.
The "funeral" cake sounds delicious! I just happen to have a can of coconut milk that I was wondering what to do with. Now all I have to get is the rest of the stuff! :cool: I'm going shopping either tomorrow or Monday, so I will do just that!

Was tinkering around in the kitchen again. Ended up making what can only be deemed an Italian-inspired concoction of cacciatore meets lasagne, without the pasta. Was quick, easy and quite tasty!

Also ended up making chocolate cornstarch pudding, substituting the sugar for stevia - Jury is still out on stevia's effectiveness in cooking, more to do with how the sweetness is carried, but I think this is due to the fact I'm using products well beyond their best before date ~_~.

There was chicken pot pie waiting for me when I got home! YUM!
I just have to know...was it actually a pot pie, or the PA dutch pot pie which is similar to chicken and dumplings. I just ask because my grandma and then my mom made the best PA dutch potpie you have ever tasted!

Last edited:
The way I make it is a meat/veg/gravy or sauce filling in pie crust (usually top and bottom). Sometimes I'll just top it with crescent roll dough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom