Saturday, 2-9-2019 National Pizza Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
I know it's really early to start the thread, but it's PIZZA!

We're going retro, a Portofino Priazzo copycat from Pizza Hut. Dough is made and in the fridge for a slow rise. Sauce is made and cooling before it goes in the fridge.

We had tried to make priazzos previously but they never got done in the middle. I finally found a heat sink like Pizza Hut supposedly used at a reasonable price a while back so it's been sitting around waiting to be used. We're going to cook it on the BGE instead of a conventional oven though.

Some pizza doughs need to be started early, so you aren't early at all!

I have some "pizza sauce" in my fridge - home canned, and never opened, but I put it there, anyway. The tomatoes and the other ingredients are placed in a roasting pan, and grilled - original recipe was for baking, but I don't turn on the oven in the summer, if I can help it! Definitely my favorite pizza sauce, with tomatoes. I'll have to use some of that tomorrow.

Well, that means my store bought pizza ball will have time to defrost. I've been wanting it out of there for ages so I'm glad for the early post med. I haven't made pizza in a very long time and I'll be ready to roll tomorrow.
Hmm, now to dream up the toppings..I know one will be PINEAPPLE..(sorry Casey).

LOL, I've been making four pizzas a week for 2 months now! I promised DH no pizza this weekend, but he just said he could eat some more. I've been using the no-knead pizza dough recipe and really like it. Set it one day and use it the next. The recipe makes enough for two crusts, so I've been using one and refrigerating one for the next day, or two.

LOL, I've been making four pizzas a week for 2 months now! I promised DH no pizza this weekend, but he just said he could eat some more. I've been using the no-knead pizza dough recipe and really like it. Set it one day and use it the next. The recipe makes enough for two crusts, so I've been using one and refrigerating one for the next day, or two.

Recipe please Beth?

Attachments

• DSCN8749.jpg
    DSCN8749.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN8733.jpg
    DSCN8733.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 118
Dough is in the fridge! I was going to use 1/3 ww flour, but I decided to use that artisan bread flour - never made pizza dough with it, but it makes great white breads. I'll see if the flavor is noticeable in the pizza, or not worth using in it.

Well, we're not going to have Pizza for Saturday's Supper,
but I do know it'll be Hot Dogs.
I started checking my Safeway (Vons, Albertsons, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Pavillions, Shaw's, Acme, Amigos, Eagles, Star Market, Carrs, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Market Street, Pac `N Save, United Supermarkets) and found "JustFor4U" deals... WOW!
I got some really great Hot Dogs and that's what we'll be having for supper tomorrow along with maybe some Baked Beans.

Well hell... I won't be doing pizza..

We will have the pulled pork on brioche buns with beans and coleslaw we had planned for Friday..

Unless we decide to eat out, that is.. :ermm:

Ross

Salad (Spring mix greens, tomato, hard boil egg, ham steak, sliced mushroom, broccoli, green olives, black olives, Kalamata olives and sliced roasted and salted almonds) dressed with Ken's Caesar dressing.

salad_020919_IMG_5382.jpg

Pizza sounds good tonight. But I'm missing a couple important items, and I'm not leaving the house to go get anything. It's 33F and light rain out there.

So, I may have to order a pizza delivered. There is a new place about ten blocks down the road that delivers. I may give them a try.

CD

Last night's pizza was great.

Tonight I welcomed SO home from Florida and made her a batch of Steve's Hungarian Goulash soup along with rolls and butter.

Well, that means my store bought pizza ball will have time to defrost. I've been wanting it out of there for ages so I'm glad for the early post med. I haven't made pizza in a very long time and I'll be ready to roll tomorrow.
Hmm, now to dream up the toppings..I know one will be PINEAPPLE..(sorry Casey).

We were really happy with this pizza and needed a slice before the picture.

The toppings ended up being TJ's pizza sauce, a layer of cheese, then chopped TJ's Pancetta, red and green bell pepper, pineapple chunks, and a ton of cheese for the top. Crispy perfect crust too! :yum:

Attachments

• P2090004[1].jpg
    P2090004[1].jpg
    80 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Beth and Kay, your pizza pics are mouthwatering! (and yes, Kay...I also like pineapple on pizzas, no matter what anyone says :LOL: :yum:)

Delish looking salad, MsM.

Andy, glad to hear that SO is back home.

Pepperhead...wow! That's an awesome basement garden you have there! The basil is obviously very happy.

This afternoon's dinner was a meat loaf sandwich and the last of the potato salad from yesterday. I'm done with meat loaf planned leftovers for now - the rest is sliced and portioned out in the freezer. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom