Saturday 3 January - what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm taking my mom out to dinner. We will probably go to Ruby Tuesday's. It's close to where she's at and it's so cold out, she won't have to be outside too long. I think she's looking more forward to a highball than the actual dinner. lol

Barb

That sounds good. Maybe I'll take DW there after 4:00 Mass. She loves the sliders and I make a meal on the salad bar. Maybe we'll see you there.

I am making chipotle BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp and "corn star" raviolis with basil cream sauce from "guys big bite" on the food network. Saw it last night and could not resist. I have never made it before though so will keep a take out menu on hand just in case :-D

I think I'm making a scalloped potato and ham casserole. Maybe a salad to go along with it.

I'm making a pot of my very favorite bean soup. I like to eat it with a splash of vinegar.

I'm going to have the leftover prime rib from yesterday's lunch and because of the thread on mashed potatoes, I'm going to make some dirty mashed potatoes with garlic. Maybe some green beans, too. I'm not too hungry and haven't felt very good today.

Well, I made quiche earlier today. So that ended up being dinner. It was my first ever quiche... to make one and try one and it turned out great! What a yummy and creative way to prepare some of your favorite ingredients!

Sattie, I'm so glad you tried quiche!

we had mac 'n cheese. I wasn't too hungry and DH had been snacking all afternoon, so we didn't need a big meal this evening.

Me too scoobagirl! I can't believe I have been missing out on such a delicious dish all this time!

We had chili and biscuits. I had some ground beef, polish sausage and ham slices left over so they all went into the pot along with kidney beans, great northern beans and onions and peppers. This time I added a small jar of apple jelly instead of the usual chocolate sauce. It was pretty good! DH doesn't care for cornbread so I made biscuits instead.

I think I'm making a scalloped potato and ham casserole. Maybe a salad to go along with it.

Have you thought about adding a can of mixed veggies and call it Dinner? I have a few times. It is not bad.

Back
Top Bottom