Saturday 3 January - what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Sadly, this is almost the last night of my holiday break. Back to work on Monday after 11 days off:(... Admittedly, however, I'm tired of the holiday by now and am ready to get back to some semblance of normalcy around here.

First course tonight is pork and plantain tamales with pico de gallo.

Dinner is paella with shrimp, clams, chorizo and chicken.

Flan for dessert.

We're having sazerac cocktails but not sure what the wine choice for the evening is.

What's for dinner at your table?

Supper tonight will be fajitas, refried beans (homemade), and salad. We don't eat dessert very often, but I have some leftover strawberry sauce I made this week and we have vanilla ice cream.

Last Saturday Night I forced myself, with a gentle nudge;) from the DW not eat my beloved Fried Catfish Etc. Rather we dined on BBQed Chicken from the grill...Tonight however --- It will be;

Bourbon --- Yet to be determinded........
Deep Fried, Cornmeal breaded Catfish Filets.....
Light, fluffy, crispy Hushpuppies....
Sweet Potato French Fries....
A bowl of Mustard Greens/Turnip Roots with plenty of pot-likker...:clap:
Chocolate Ice Cream for dessert --- Or maybe just a Coke Float later in the parlor while listening to the booming of a line of thunderstorms headed this way.....

Oops!! Was that a hushpuppy that fell into the pot-likker???:ermm:

Not sure what's on the menu

We are invited out to dinner. A GOOD cook neighbor has invited us.
Not sure what she is serving. I know it will be delicious....she is
the BEST cook in the neighborhood. Aria

Tonight will be prime rib roast, oven roasted potatoes, the last yellow beans from our garden (WAAAA!), a salad as yet undecided, and dessert also undecided. This was going to be our NYD dinner but Bugs was sick so we had turkey soup instead.

I'm going to Aria's neighbor's house.
Seriously I don't have any idea.
We may go out since we didn't
last night.

Me alone again for dinner tonight so will just have whatever I can find in the fridge.

Lunch is becoming our main meal as DH settles into his afternoon shift. Today I am making him his new favourite. An omelet stuffed with some of the leftover tortiere filling (he can't eat the pastry but loves the meat mixture). Just a side salad with raspberry vinaigrette and some leftover molten chocolate cake with raspberry coulis for dessert.

we will have a Wok with Beef filet, Zucchini, scallions, champignons etc...
and after dinnner we'll go out and meet some friends

Going to the Inlaws... so what ever MIL makes.... used to be a wonderful cook..now it's a coin toss. Either wonderful or "what was she thinking??"

i would really like a steak and twice baked potato ..
have to see what looks good at the store ..

Well, since we didn't get to have our delicious traditional New Year's Day "Cassoulet" due to spending the entire 1st day of the new year at the Emergency Vet Clinic with one of our dogs, who was having a serious anaphylaxis allergic reaction, I'm making it today instead.

I hope Jan. 1st isn't a portent of what the rest of 2009 has in store for me, because if so, I want to go BACK - lol!!

I'm making Tamales too, probably black bean and spinach. It's my first time making them, hope it turns out.

I have had the ingredients to make Jambalaya for awhile, so I think that I will make that tonight. I bought some chipotle sausages from the a warehouse store that I will add to the recipe. Not sure what else I will be having with the jambalaya. I still have some biscuits leftover from a meal a couple of days ago.

Came back from shopping lateish so had to cook in a rush. Quickly cut up the chipolata sausages I had got out, mixed with stirfry veg, chopped onion and a jar of jerk sauce and cooked it up and then mixed the lot with rigatoni. Very good for a 15 minute meal.

I'm taking my mom out to dinner. We will probably go to Ruby Tuesday's. It's close to where she's at and it's so cold out, she won't have to be outside too long. I think she's looking more forward to a highball than the actual dinner. lol

Barb

I cannot believe it is January 3 and the temperature here is 66° right now, this isn't what winter in Kansas is supposed to be like!.....we will be having grilled burgers and potato salad for dinner tonight.

I am making my SO porkchops, mashed taters, and some kind of vegetable.

I might make a fish taco for myself with rice on the side.. not sure yet.

I am about to go to the bank and shopping.. so, who knows what i'll come up with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom