Saturday 3rd Dec 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ketchup is the natural-born perfect topping for hot dogs. the only remaining question for debate is, which brand of ketchup to use....:)

Word :punk:

(I'm a fan of mustard ,too, though... just don't be mixing them both together)

Here was dinner.

img_1079522_0_3653eeb257cfe0dbc3c411ea08d4bb2a.jpg

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I am in the mustard camp. With that said that is a BEAUTIFUL picture. Kind of christmas-y.

i would agree, but ketchup?

ketchup?

oh, say it ain't so, beanie.

that's like painting a moustache and glasses on the mona lisa... :huh:
;)
An Abbott and Costello skit just popped into my head LOL

i would agree, but ketchup?

ketchup?

oh, say it ain't so, beanie.

that's like painting a moustache and glasses on the mona lisa... :huh:
;)
That was Mark's plate. I love mustard with sliced dill pickle or cucumber. Sometimes, I'll even add onion.

On the subject, I saw on tv (can't remember the show) where they serve cheeseburgers between two slices of bread and cook in an oven that's over 100 years old. They don't have any condiments in the restaurant. Even if you wanted mustard, they tell you to go somewhere else.

i sometimes like a mustard dog or mustard/relish/onion dog, or heaped with sauerkraut....lots of great possibilities. i sometimes wonder why there's not room for everybody in the hot dog "camp", but hey, the rules were made before i got here, so i'm a proud card-carrying member of the ketchup camp of dogs! :)

That was Mark's plate. I love mustard with sliced dill pickle or cucumber. Sometimes, I'll even add onion.

On the subject, I saw on tv (can't remember the show) where they serve cheeseburgers between two slices of bread and cook in an oven that's over 100 years old. They don't have any condiments in the restaurant. Even if you wanted mustard, they tell you to go somewhere else.

I saw that show. I think it was a diner in Mass. They said it was all about the meat.

I think it was a tiny building that has been there for 100+ years and claims to have invented the hamburger. They have a row of tiny vertical gas grills where the cook the burgers and serve them on sliced bread or toast. They do not allow ketchup in the restaurant.

It's in New London, CT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis'_Lunch

I think it was one of those shows on the Travel Channel, Bean. Where they take you all over showing different ways to prepare one thing, in this case hamburgers. That's where I first heard of the Jucy Lucy, too.

That's it, Andy.

I think it was a tiny building that has been there for 100+ years and claims to have invented the hamburger. They have a row of tiny vertical gas grills where the cook the burgers and serve them on sliced bread or toast. They do not allow ketchup in the restaurant.

It's in New London, CT Louis' Lunch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep, that is the place. I just can't remember what show it's on. From what I remember (or else I'm confusing it with something else), they don't even allow mustard.

ok.. I just noticed the link. Thank you.

Yep, that is the place. I just can't remember what show it's on. From what I remember (or else I'm confusing it with something else), they don't even allow mustard.

ok.. I just noticed the link. Thank you.

I've seen this place on several different TV shows. Some on the Travel Channel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom