Saturday, 4/2/2011, What's on the table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made chicken chimichangas with a chicken stock white sauce filled with green chilies. Had radish roses, green onions, green tomato pickles and zucchini pickles on the side. Iced tea to drink and raisin pie for dessert.

I was cooking all day - chicken to freeze for my DH's work meals, hard boiled eggs and oven cooked bacon to be heated for breakfasts when he gets a call at 5 am to start at 6:30!, fruit salad (okay, not cooked), gluten free cookies and more. I have to have the entire kitchen spotless and nothing else happening when I cook his food as he is sensitive to cross-contamination. Then I was out for two hours.

So, what to make for a quick light meal for Dad and I while watching soccer/curling/baseball and waiting for the hockey game?

Grilled ham and 2-cheese sandwiches with french fries of course! I was going to do gravy for my fries but was a good girl and had them plain! :angel:

I have never made pork stew, sounds good.

It was kind of a freezer cleanup. Sherry braised pork, cut fairly small, dribs and drabs of veggies, plus a handful of frozen mixed vegs.

I cut a handful of the small red potatoes in half. They were very flavorful.

The broth is what made it so good, though. I made the broth with the skin and fat I had peeled off the fresh ham the pork came from. YUM!

Wow msmofet! Great looking dinner and what a lucky sweet kitty! I went to the grocery store this afternoon to get some kale to add to my corned beef soup and saw some really good looking tri-tip steaks so nabbed some to have dh grill for our dinner. Did some red potatoes with butter, garlic and scallions and steamed some fresh green beans. The corned beef soup will be for another day, maybe lunches.

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Last edited:
Ok it is roast chicken. The bird is soaking in salt water. The sides will be probably be a rice, quinoa and orzo pilaf, stuffing, carrots and/or broccoli or salad and gravy. Dessert will most likely be an apple crisp. Daughter wants corn bread but I'm not sure about that.

(The cat is beside himself!! LOL He LOVES chicken raw OR cooked. He is meowing and I swear I can see him trying to figure out how to get up on the counter, remove the bowl with the apples I put on the top of the bowl and the lid.)

That really looks tasty.

My, now departed, cat, Sucha had a special dance she did for chicken. It was pretty funny to watch how excited she would get.

Had two experiments for supper. I never cooked bok choy before. I tried this recipe: Bok Choy With Oyster Sauce Recipe. It was nothing special, but then the bok choy I had in a Chinese restaurant was nothing special. Other folks were more impressed than I was.

I also tried a recipe from a jar of Patak's Kashmiri Masala Paste. That was good enough to try again. I didn't have any meat defrosted except some ground beef. We will try with diced meat next time.

Served with brown basmati rice, pita, and beer. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but it goes well with spicy-hot food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom