Saturday, 5/14/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful PPT!! Nice plating and pic!

Thank you! All I did was dump it out of the wok on the plate. I was planning to plate it on another when I got inside but it looked just fine. This was cooked outside on the burner for my turkey fryer.

I have no clue...it's almost 6 p.m., been pouring rain all day (which it is supposed to do for the next SEVEN days!!! GRRRR), and DH didn't come out to join me at the farm this weekend because he's doing some machining and wanted to stay there so he can do as much as he can today while Hydro rates are "off peak." (Thanks, Dalton!). So, I'm feeling rather sorry for myself...and, he has the thawed turkey we were going to BBQ today at that house. I have some frozen casserole portions in the freezer...guess I can do one of those since it's just me and the dogs.

Dinner was pimento cheese burgers

img_999987_0_0ac3db847f06294331e88e3234dfe21c.jpg

Cheeseburger (seasoned burger, American cheese, fried onions, pickle and ketchup on a poppy seed roll), homemade mac salad (small shells, yellow onion, green onion, celery, albacore tuna, cubed Cabot extra sharp cheddar, mayo, sour cream, ground seal salt, ground peppercorns and white vinegar), green salad (with tomato and cheddar cheese), steamed & buttered white sweet corn on the cob and doctored baked beans (B & M baked beans, molasses, brown sugar, Gulden’s spicy brown mustard, Heinz ketchup, Coleman’s dry mustard, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns and liquid hickory smoke).

img_1000004_0_4b33e096553c7d8fbc589784eefa5770.jpg

We ended up not going out. I didn't feel like showering and dressing up tonight. DH has spent the day outside working and was pretty sweaty and just wanted to stay home. I ended up making scalloped potatoes and ham with leftover ham from this week. Added some green beans on the side.

Thanks Laurie. I'm looking forward to working!

Aussie Meat pies...Shrek is coming up with a peach, mango, orange pie from a jar of preserves we got today at Costco.

Wow what a day, had 2 kids so we made peanut butter cookies, dinner was simple irrigation today so I did toasted tuna with avocado mashed and minched greenonions added to the tuna,lots of butter and then a cup of soup and a cup of macaroni salad. PB cookies with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
kadesma:)

Senior Prom night tonight. Lots of D R A M A at our house tonight. Not much time for dinner, odds and ends for us.

Cheeseburger (seasoned burger, American cheese, fried onions, pickle and ketchup on a poppy seed roll), homemade mac salad (small shells, yellow onion, green onion, celery, albacore tuna, cubed Cabot extra sharp cheddar, mayo, sour cream, ground seal salt, ground peppercorns and white vinegar), green salad (with tomato and cheddar cheese), steamed & buttered white sweet corn on the cob and doctored baked beans (B & M baked beans, molasses, brown sugar, Gulden’s spicy brown mustard, Heinz ketchup, Coleman’s dry mustard, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns and liquid hickory smoke).

Um, yum! I think that pic is going on my desktop.

Daughter D R A M A. Unbelievable...the complexity of High School social events. All is well, she is safe and having a good time.

Back
Top Bottom