Saturday, 5/14/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Burgers, hot dogs, homemade mac salad, corn on the cob, BBQ beans and green salad.

OOPS Please merge

Last edited:
I may not cook tonight. It's Deaf Night Out and this time it's just up the road from my house (10 min drive) instead of across the water (over an hour). I need to see if DH will go with me. I recently got hired as a substitute interpreter and could use a brush up on my signing skills.

Hey! I'm making BBQ beans today, too! With bacon and BBQ sauce and jalapeños and pineapple and brown sugar and dry mustard... I need to put a foil thingy on my shopping list so I can just toss it when I'm through.

Hey! I'm making BBQ beans today, too! With bacon and BBQ sauce and jalapeños and pineapple and brown sugar and dry mustard... I need to put a foil thingy on my shopping list so I can just toss it when I'm through.
It looks like it's gonna rain so it will probably be all done inside. I will doctor a can of B & M baked beans with bacon, onion, molasses, brown sugar, dry mustard, ketchup, mustard, some spices and liquid smoke.

I use molasses when I do "the real thing". It adds a nice touch. Today I'll be doctoring up some Bush's.

I may not cook tonight. It's Deaf Night Out and this time it's just up the road from my house (10 min drive) instead of across the water (over an hour). I need to see if DH will go with me. I recently got hired as a substitute interpreter and could use a brush up on my signing skills.

Jabbur, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know how hard you have worked for this and I am very proud of you! I hope you enjoy yourself tonight :)

I am taking the day shift at the hospital with Dad and my sister will do dinner, so I am hoping to make the steak salad I planned for Thursday. This is DH's first "weekend off" in ages and I also don't have to worry about Dad's food so I can be creative. :)

For lunch I made a beef and asparagus stir-fry.

img_999852_0_55b837c7b3c060977792baf182cd6f57.jpg

Grilled Ribeye and Club Steak for me, serloin for the rest of the family. They don't mind, they honestly couldnt tell the difference in the two with.. uh-hem... katsup on their steaks :ROFLMAO:

Also baked potatoes and wife is making banana pudding. She makes a 5 quart bowl and between me, myself, and I it might last till tomorrow. :LOL:

Michael

I'm having pulled pork sammies with cole slaw (on cheap buns of course) and bacon wrapped stuffed mushrooms. Dessert will be some banana walnut ice cream I made yesterday with a little chocolate syrup from the middle of the state.

Powerplantop, your lunch looks amazing!

Saturday is our dinner-out night. We will go to our favorite Thai place. DH will have his usual Pad Prikh King with beef- thin-sliced beef with green beans and red pepper in a spicy chili sauce with kaffir lime leaves. I will have the same with chicken, but without the kaffir lime. I just can't acquire a taste for it, its too antiseptic-tasting for me, makes the dish taste like Lysol to me. My son will have his usual pad thai noodles.

Today I'm making ground beef in arabic bread and cooked in the oven with a lot of spices for me, and no spices for the kids.

Beautiful PPT!! Nice plating and pic!

PaC mind sharing the ice cream recipe? It sounds yummy. I love banana ice cream but can't find any good on the market.

Beautiful PPT!! Nice plating and pic!

PaC mind sharing the ice cream recipe? It sounds yummy. I love banana ice cream but can't find any good on the market.

Oh man, that's a lot of typing :LOL:
Let me find the right forum and get started.

Back
Top Bottom