"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #31
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
mmmm, chicken ans mozz. I like that combo. I'm using some mozzarella tonight on my porto cap.

It was good. Tasted like something you would get at a Bistro. BUT the whole time I was eating it I kept thinking that this would be better with some nice garlic infused Roast Beef. I will have to try that.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #32
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Tacos.

Homemade tacos.

I LOVE tacos!!!!!

Did I mention that we are having tacos?

And that I LOVE them? :s tuart:

Old 05-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #33
Executive Chef

real bone-in pork chops w pan gravy(free range piggies) mashed yukons, fresh sauted spinach from the farm, fresh red lettuce with simple vinaigrette. puts an old line cook in heaven! :)
Old 05-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Big fan of tacos, too. You know that.

I'm on a bit of a learning curve with my new Smokey Joe. I tried to skimp on charcoal, wanting one side indirect anyway, and wasn't exactly ready to put the steak on, so had things dampered down... so lets just say I'm grilling my steak and portobello low and slow. I'm trying to fire off the charcoal that went out and figure out when to get the loaded garlic bread going and watching Cat People on TCM and... I'm grillin'. Ya just gotta go with it sometimes.
So I open another beer or two before dinner's ready... the world was supposed to end today anyway, lol.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #35
Master Chef

SmoKey Joe's rock. My wife found one among some trash curbside on our street last year, practically new. I've used it a few times and thinking about converting it into a smoker using a tamale pot for the smoker body. It's a fairly popular conversion among Smokey Joe enthusiasts.
There's even talk about Weber re-introducing their tiny little smoker based on the Smokey Joe. They stopped selling them back in 1983. Cute little thing.... I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #36
Master Chef

I was inspired to make Filipino Chicken Abobo for the first time, and it sure won't be the last. I served the chicken thighs and fantastic broth over Lo Mein noodles instead of the rice that was recommended.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #37
Head Chef

Penne with sauteed garlic, spinach, mushrooms, lemon juice, etc. tossed with soft goat cheese. Topped with Parmigiano Reggiano.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:50 AM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
SmoKey Joe's rock. My wife found one among some trash curbside on our street last year, practically new. I've used it a few times and thinking about converting it into a smoker using a tamale pot for the smoker body. It's a fairly popular conversion among Smokey Joe enthusiasts.
There's even talk about Weber re-introducing their tiny little smoker based on the Smokey Joe. They stopped selling them back in 1983. Cute little thing.... I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
I searched all over for the tamale pot to make one of those SJ smokers last fall. There wasn't a tamale pot to be had in these parts, so I went to order one on Target online and they said they discontinued them. I didn't have the SJ at the time either, but now that I do I can take some measurements in case I run into one of those pots.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #39
Master Chef

We ate at Mellow Mushroom in Charlottesville last night. Had a delicious Cesar pizza. Garlic and pesto sauce with feta cheese baked on the crust topped with a Cesar salad Unusual but very tasty.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #40
Executive Chef

That looks good, Kayelle!

Tags
cooking