Saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
It is now sunrise on Saturday morning. I have a full day ahead of me. My husband is being interviewed by a college-aged daughter of a friend, and then we will be treated to a slide show of his trips to antartica (not tourist stuff, he was on scientific expeditions). He and I decided to pick up some pizza while the interview is ongoing. Hubby is being interviewed about war, which, when it comes to his personal experiences, he rarely talks about (any of you with war vet family members learn quickly that those who talk a lot about their experiences generally weren't on front lines). So he and I will make ourselves scarce. Then, bearing carry out pizza, we'll all come together later. Should be fun and interesting.

Wow Claire, you're only an hour behind me and the sun comes up much later than here ;)
I shouldn't say anything. In all honesty I don't think the sun is going to come up at all today :(
Enjoy your pizzas!

going to throw a pork tenderloin on the grill ..
not sure what else yet ..

We have a list full of errands to do today...

followed by dinner out ( location to be decided later) and the new James Bond movie.

I've decided to spend my first 7 hours of the day watching it rain.
When did I move to Washington?

I have to call a bingo game for an hour this afternoon. After that I will make some bbq chicken sandwiches on the panini press.

We are under a tornado warning this evening. I have to work. I am taking a Burrito (frozen that I made) for dinner. The only thing I have around that doesn't need to be heated in the event of a power outage is PBJ. So I am taking that in as a backup. I can alway "cook" when I get off work. I have a gas stove.

I was going to grill burgers today, I guess I should have looked at the weather report.........same as you pacanis, nothing but rain!

I'll either make sloppy joes or meatloaf. I'll have to take a vote from the grandkids. lol

Barb

watching the fires in northern calif. very bad, 100 homes burned to the ground. those of you not familiar with weather in so calif, need to understand what happens when we have east wind. very very hot, 90 degrees. we are in a constant state of drought which makes the back country a tinder box. then the wind up to 65 miles an hour in some places, will fan the fire. then it is out of control. measures were taken after last years bad, bad, fires. just hope it is enough. we were told to evacuate last year. been in that position before. foolishly i stayed put. lucked out.

This is terrible, Barb. There's not a wind to be had to blow this front away. It has stopped for a total of 10 minutes. That's been it. 10 whole minutes without some kind of drizzle. Making up for yesterday I guess.
I know this isn't the dinner thread (I think), but I have no idea what I'm in the mood for other than barley pop.....

We've had rain off and on all day. We pulled some spent plants from the veggie garden and found six more green tomatoes, about 10 Anaheim peppers, and a few dozen Kung Pao peppers. Then I talked to some friends and family on the phone, went to pick up DH who got caught on his bike in the rain, and spent some time organizing photos on the computer.

We're going out tonight. We have a coupon for a Greek restaurant for DH's birthday month, and then we're going to see a play at a community theater.

I'm just sitting about, waiting to go out. There was a great cyber party in NYC called Click and Drag. My ex husband and I used to go every single Saturday night for close to three years. I did lots of performances, installations, and even hostessed a couple of times. It was a great time, and we all sorely missed it when it closed. (due in no small part to the gentrification of the meat packing district in NYC).

They are having a reunion party tonight and Lou and I (and my ex and his girlfriend) are going. So, like old times, we spend Saturday doing not much of anything, just waiting to get dressed to go out.

I did cook, though...it's not wise to go out drinking on an empty stomach:sick:.

What we did today

Went out to breakfast. AND it is raining here too. Drove to Cooperstown. Found a beautiful solid wood chicken in a thrift shop Will try to post.

Always wanted to raise chickens. This is as far as I got. We do raise Call Ducks.

Dinner: made homefries with onions and added sliced no preservative local market made hot dogs. With a salad. Home made oatmeal cookies.

On Discuss Cooking...husband watching Golf. SUPER DAY. Aria

Want to try and show you the Wooden hand made chicken I bought today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom