Saturday 6/4/11 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pork for dinner here tonight. DH has been over zealous in the purchasing of boneless sirloin pork. (I find this kind of dry) must have been about 10 lbs of it in the freezer. I thawed a couple of lbs worth and rubbed it with a mix of chili powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, smoky paprika, dry mustard and black pepper. After a couple of hours I grilled the pieces indirectly on the gas grill until nicely browned. Transferred to a disposable aluminum pan and smothered with "Sweet Baby Ray's" BBQ sauce. Covered with foil and back into the grill 300-350 for an hour. Also did some foil wrapped potatoes, onions and garlic on the grill. Served it all with a broccoli cauliflower salad and a glass of local Chardonnay. :)

Last edited:
Dinner-
It was tasty, pretty spicy, from the rub.

Attachments

• image-1036602974.jpg
    image-1036602974.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Nothing. I had a late lunch and overnapped. I had to rush out to play a show in a nearby town so ended up not eating. But does toast and peanut butter with a glass of skim milk at 2:17 a.m. count as dinner? If so, that is what I had....:LOL:

I LOVE SKIRT STEAK!! I like it just pan fried and nothing else. YUMMY

I'm definitely buying some for the freezer. I was eating the pieces right off the cutting board :angel: Wonderful flavor. I like it much better than flank steak.

I'm definitely buying some for the freezer. I was eating the pieces right off the cutting board :angel: Wonderful flavor. I like it much better than flank steak.
I like the fact that it is a dense piece of meat so I can really get a nice black crust and the meat is stil rare inside. BUT it has a lot of fat in it also.

Back
Top Bottom