Saturday, 7/29/2017, What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We need to use up a huge container of arugula before it goes bad, so it will either be a carpaccio based appy type meal or an Ina Garten salad recipe that was on TV recently using arugula, prosciutto, criminis, and dried tomatoes.

I love arugula and finally got DH as well as Mr & Mrs DF's to try it in a nice salad... they agreed!

For our supper I'm going to make Chicken Cacciatore along with a tear & share bread recipe that I found on King Arthur Flour website. I'll be making the bread in one of my new kitchen toys; I'm thrilled to try not only the recipe but the new pan as well.

I had salmon en papillote, which I haven't had for a while. I used to use this technique a lot, due to the fact it doesn't create many dirty dishes. But I had sort of forgotten about it until buying parchment paper to use for cheesecake last weekend.

No pictures tonight. I completely forgot to take one.

I used to cook salmon that way too. Not sure why I stopped. I've used foil instead of parchment.

I love arugula and finally got DH as well as Mr & Mrs DF's to try it in a nice salad... they agreed!

For our supper I'm going to make Chicken Cacciatore along with a tear & share bread recipe that I found on King Arthur Flour website. I'll be making the bread in one of my new kitchen toys; I'm thrilled to try not only the recipe but the new pan as well.

The Chicken Cacciatore was delish!
011.JPG

But unfortunately, the KAF recipe for Herb & Garlic Bubble Loaf
was a BUST!
010.JPG
Cracker-like exterior and doughy interior... followed the recipe to the letter, but.. quite disappointing!

Looks delish, kgirl! :yum:

Weather was nice, I was busy in the yard this afternoon, the kitchen was clean, so I figured the heck with it and ordered out for Chinese delivery. :)

So if I eat after midnight tonight, does that dinner go on this thread or the one tomorrow?

I never did sleep last night and was up till 8am this morning, finally fell asleep then and ate breakfast/lunch when I woke up at about 3pm. Right now I won't want to eat anything until after 11pm.

But I think I'm going to just throw some hamburger into some Classico spaghetti sauce and have it over macaroni noodles. Usually I just use the jarred spaghetti sauce as is, but I saw a new recipe that actually has you simmering it for a couple hours just like a regular homemade sauce and I may try that.

Which means I will be eating supper tonight at about 1am. Well, my mom always did say I had my days and nights mixed up. She said when I was a baby, I'd be awake all night and sleeping all day (to her irritation). I guess nothing's changed.

Last edited:
Hi, RR....just put it on today's dinner thread! We all have different dinner hours - even those who post from overseas on 'today's menu'. We all get it. :)

Maybe CG will chime in here - she's a night owl, too! :LOL:

Speaking of which - it's still early here, 9:50PM Pacific time, but I'm headed for bed. :sleep: :)

We had classic grilled Ruben sandwiches with some of the corned beef from last night. They were outstanding and piled high with ultra thin sliced CB, worthy of the best Jewish Deli anywhere.

I think I still have enough to do some CB hash and eggs for Sunday morning breakfast.:yum:

Hi, RR... Maybe CG will chime in here - she's a night owl, too! :LOL:..
TaDa! Not to disappoint, Cheryl, here I am! It's almost 3:00AM in Goddessland and I'm well into my third wind.

I guess it was an arugula day, because that was one of the three greens in our salads. The other two were baby spinach and romaine. The rest of the salads were easy: green and black olives, raw mushrooms, and grape tomatoes. Dinner was baked ham, green beans, and Grands biscuits. Wanted to use the last tube before it went *pop*.

Attachments

• 20170729_213713.jpg
    20170729_213713.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 94
Not for last night, but I braised some short ribs for a week night meal later this week and made the Rotkohl for dinner tonight.

We ended up with the Ina Garten warm mushroom salad, obviously arugula, criminis, prosciutto, oven dried tomatoes, and parm flakes, with an olive oil, mushroom juice, sherry vinegar dressing.
FGZ2478wcUPu8xrpOK0T1iJgLumQmf9-LaDN-Wb4UtQpX92IB

Slow roasted some tomato slices with gochujang, soy sauce, sake and garlic. Used those in an avocado sandwich. This was really good.

We had grilled cheese & bacon sandwiches for supper yesterday, along with a can of tomato soup. It was a chilly and damp evening yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom