Saturday, 7/30 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still feeling the effects of a Lil Caesar's pizza for lunch :sick:
Needless to say my couch did not find its way to the store for mussels & clams, but it's relatively early yet, so you never know.

Mustard Greens/T-roots with Tasso and Bacon. ~ Hot Pepper Sauce. Thin sliced Vidalia Onions....Fried Catfish with plenty of Hush Puppies for dipping in the Pot Likker.......Chocolate Ice Cream......

Kadesma's roasted tomato angel hair pasta recipe with Sparrowgrass's roasted tomatoes. Actually, they're MY roasted tomatoes, using Sparrowgrass's method...you know what I mean.

I had a veggie (onion, red and green bell peppers and tomato) Omelet with a light sprinkling of cheese.

Bolas - Great photos. Everything looks delicious.

Just finished dinner. We had smothered pork chops, rice, and a corn salad. Ice cream for dessert.

Stay cool everyone, we had another hot day in the low 90's.

Bolas - Great photos. Everything looks delicious.

Just finished dinner. We had smothered pork chops, rice, and a corn salad. Ice cream for dessert.

Stay cool everyone, we had another hot day in the low 90's.
Your dinner sounds good!

Your weather sounds a lot better than ours! 100 here, with a heat index of around 110. Way too hot!

Bolas, both dinner and dessert look amazing!

Uncle Bob, your dinner sounds wonderful as always. Actually so does everyone's.

Just Dad and I tonight so I decided to make something I really didn't have to puree for him. Made my homemade mac and cheese. I put a layer of melted butter and panko on the whole top to make a crust and keep the inside moist and creamy. It worked and was delicious! I worked the crumbs into Dad's and mushed the noodles a little with a spoon, and he had no problems eating it.

I think homemade baked mac and cheese is my favourite food any time of year!

Barbara L said:
Your dinner sounds good!

Your weather sounds a lot better than ours! 100 here, with a heat index of around 110. Way too hot!

Barbara - I think I'll stick to our 90's. Last week we had triple digit weather .. It was awful. It's been a really hot summer hasn't it?

Barbara - I think I'll stick to our 90's. Last week we had triple digit weather .. It was awful. It's been a really hot summer hasn't it?
Yes it has! Third hottest on record (so far) here. Last year was one of the top two and I believe the year before tied with it.

I bought some broccoli at the farmers' market this morning. Blanched it and sprinkled with cheese. Leftover pasta got fried until a crispy cake. Then added to some chicken wings. Odd combination, but it worked.

spaghetti, I think
This was
our dinner

img_1031435_0_8d281230724531256508bc8b1af6a4a0.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom