Saturday, 7/30 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
In a few hours I am going to construct and cook my first fatty, I have a big Turkey Thigh brining in case of disasters.
I will post pics later.:)

Moving the yungun today so it'll be fast food of some kind, subs, pizza, fried chicken, burgers depending on where we are at the time.

I arrived at the hotel about an hour ago--train was only 3 hours late. I already told my folks I'm not cooking tonight and I'd really like to go out for walleye...we'll see. Otherwise, it will probably be my dad's burgers on the grill or BLTs.

Pork tenderloin, steamed rice, green beans and a tomato basil and mozzarella salad. Fresh apricots, cherries, peaches and cookies for dessert.

i have to work until noon after working a double yesterday, so i'm beat. i'm hoping i can convince dw to make chicken parm tonight.

i still have the boneless pork chops (that i hope are still good) to make. i was thinking of pounding them out and making a dish of pork parmagiana to go along with the chicken.

looking forward to those pics, bolas.

I've got some oiled and seasoned bread crumbs that were left over from tossing the cauliflower in them last night... and mushrooms were on sale yesterday, so I've got 24 oz of those... so mushroom gratin will be a part of dinner tonight. That's as far as I've gotten.

I think I'll thaw out and eat the last of the lima bean/split pea soup, just so I'll have an excuse to make more beans and use up some of those smoked turkey neck bones I've got.

buckytom said:
what is fish laksa, elm?

It's a spicy coconut soup, usually Thai or Malaysian, that has noodles in it, among other things. I regularly make it with Tofu, but I had fish in the freezer tonight.

If you head to www.taste.com.au and search for Fish Laksa, its the first recipe that comes up. Laksa is one of my favourite dishes ever, especially with lime, chilli and coriander.

Last edited:
lol, i've been having nightmares lately.

i keep getting interrupted by an ogre in a nurse's uniform, telling me to stop.

I'm getting in the mood for some seafood. I've got some crab legs in the freezer I'll pull out to thaw here shortly, and I think I'll head into town and pick up some mussels and clams. Do a little clambake again sans lobster. I've got some baby red potatoes that I bought yesterday that will go well.

lol, i've been having nightmares lately.

i keep getting interrupted by an ogre in a nurse's uniform, telling me to stop.
YIKES!! You're dreaming of PF!! Shrek's not gonna like that!! LOL J/K

I have not clue really. I have tomorrows dinner planned (hub brought home lamb blade chops so I need to pick up fresh garlic and egg noodles). I have poached chicken breasts to use and don't want!! GRRRRRRR I have a whole boneless pork loin ($1.99/lb) to cut into chops and such (to food saver for the freezer) but not sure I want to tackle that today. We may wind up with a Celeste Pizza for 1 each (also on sale .88 each). LOL

We have a house guest this weekend and are going out for the day. Not sure if dinner tonight is swordfish on the grill with fixins' or dinner out. We'll do one of the two tonight and the other tomorrow.

My first ever fatty a cider brine turkey thigh and fruit salad cake for pud.Clic on pics to make them bigger.
garden & BBQ 450.jpg

garden & BBQ 455.jpg

garden & BBQ 452.jpg

garden & BBQ 453.jpg

garden & BBQ 456.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom