Saturday 7/9 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I marinated mushrooms in vermouth yesterday with a bunch of dill. That and an open-faced tomato sandwich on homemade "German" rye bread studded with dill and fennel seeds, combined with homemade olive-oil mayo (and of course, I used FRESH eggs) are my dinner.

Last edited:
Tried some Memphis Style Ribs. Nice. Had some great peas and green beans from a local stand. Lovely stuff.

Attachments

• 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Lemon/white wine chicken breasts with lots of herbs and spices, with baked potatoes. CI's dark chocolate cupcakes for dessert.

My clambake.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 202
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 195
lol, thanks.
The only thing missing is some of PPT's ice cream and bananas.

very nice rock and ppt, and WOW pac. nice job! :chef:

i could eat a clam bake every week during the summer.

we went out for italian tonight to a place that makes it's own fresh pasta.

we shared a big salad with balsamic onions, tomatoes, and fresh bufala mozz over arrugula, then an appy of eggplant rolatini.

then, the boy a sketti and meatballs (which were as good as my own :cool:), dw had sesame crusted salmon over sauteed veghies drizzled with aged balsamic and a side of roasted spuds, and i had pork chops pizzaola with a side of penne.

each dish was better than the last, so we just kept eating off each other's plates, lol. :pig:

Dd grilled tonight. Tossed salad, baked sweet potatoe and grilled pork steak.

How did you like the Omaha things? We did that one year for my in-laws for Christmas. They said the food was good but they are really easy to impress with food.

Actually, everything was quite good. I only have a small freezer (you know, 1980 technology, above the fridge) or I might consider it again. But I do have good butchers so probably won't. Their introductory offer simply cannot be beat for price. If I couldn't get out to shop I'd probably subscribe. Do you know what was best? Their hamburgers. Head and shoulders above what I do myself or the myriad of sports bars and other restaurants around here. Probably because it is a fattier cut?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom