Saturday 7/9 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I had a bowl of the egg drop soup from yesterday. Pretty good, but marinating the surimi all night kind of backfired. Everything tasted the same. I'll strain it and eat the goodies later, and put the stock in the freezer.

I'm still working on cleaning out the freezer so I'll thaw something for dinner, probably chili.

What's cooking (or not) at your house?:chef:

I'm thinking of having steak again. I might go get some clams or mussels to steam, too.

No cooking tonight!! We're taking my younger son and his wife out to dinner for their birthdays. The day my son was ten years old, his bride was born.......kinda neat. :)
Sushi is the request from both of them, and we love it too.

Going to a wedding, but seeing as I am helping a chef friend with the catering I know what I will be having - salmon, roast beef, potatoes, rice, pasta with choice of cream or tomato sauce (I'm making), veggies, etc.

No cooking tonight!! We're taking my younger son and his wife out to dinner for their birthdays. The day my son was ten years old, his bride was born.......kinda neat. :)
Sushi is the request from both of them, and we love it too.

Happy Birthday to them! That's so neat. They can never forget the other's birthday. My daughter and I share a birthday as well.

Tonight we are having our cookout with sausages, peppers, onions. I think we decided on corn, asparagus, couscous. I may do some zucchini fries and some baked beans if I feel it's not enough food.

Shrimp with artichoke hearts and shallots in a white wine and butter sauce over pasta.

Shrimp with artichoke hearts and shallots in a white wine and butter sauce over pasta.

Yum! Can I come to your house for dinner?

I just made some snack mix for my teenage son's muchies fix during the work week. Leftovers for dinner.

After going to the grocery, we'll have burgers and slaw. I'll grill the burgers, add cheddar cheese, fry up some bacon and call it good. I have the slaw dressing already just need to mix in the cabbage. May add some chips or beans.

I only saw the plain meatloaf that was under "New Posts", didn't know there are others. I'll go and look for the bacon cheeseburger one, it sounds good :)

Search for all her meatloaf recipes. I make the one that uses a LOT of cheddar cheese and stovetop stuffing mix (premade boxed stuffing). It's very good.

I mentioned clams earlier, didn't go to the store, but am developing a strong taste for a clambake. I'll see how I feel in a couple hours, after work. I really didn't want to drive into the city... but I really want a clambake :wacko:

I have two steaks left from our Omaha experiment, so I'll sear them. The farmers' market had young, fresh, red onions, and I sliced them into a vinegar/sugar/S&P mixture. I have my first tomatoes and second lettuce crop. The starch will be "smashed" potatoes from a week ago's Test Kitchen episode.

Search for all her meatloaf recipes. I make the one that uses a LOT of cheddar cheese and stovetop stuffing mix (premade boxed stuffing). It's very good.

I mentioned clams earlier, didn't go to the store, but am developing a strong taste for a clambake. I'll see how I feel in a couple hours, after work. I really didn't want to drive into the city... but I really want a clambake :wacko:
I make the one she posted with the stovetop stuffing mix, but I found out it is good without the cheese too.

I'm just reheating for supper. James is sick, and he knew I have been in the mood for Chinese, so for lunch he asked me to go get Chinese. For him, I got wonton soup, for both of us some egg rolls and spring rolls, and for me beef and mushrooms with rice. Fortune cookies too, of course. :cool: What we didn't eat for lunch we will have for supper.

Yeah, I don't use quite as much cheddar as what Debbie called for. Good stuff though.

I just got back from the store a little while ago. The clambake is on.

I have two steaks left from our Omaha experiment, so I'll sear them. The farmers' market had young, fresh, red onions, and I sliced them into a vinegar/sugar/S&P mixture. I have my first tomatoes and second lettuce crop. The starch will be "smashed" potatoes from a week ago's Test Kitchen episode.

How did you like the Omaha things? We did that one year for my in-laws for Christmas. They said the food was good but they are really easy to impress with food.

We had a big lunch at the local BBQ place and then had ice cream later in the afternoon so we weren't too hungry. I made myself a veggie wrap and SO had cucumber sandwiches.

I used up all of the chicken tenders last night in the chicken parmesan but I still had some leftover sauce that I made from the tomatoes and herbs out of my garden so I made some more spaghetti and some meatballs

Attachments

• dinner07092011.jpg
    dinner07092011.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 185

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom