Saturday 8/19/2017 What's on the plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having some very dear friends over to see our new place and have dinner tonight. I am not to fuss and won't.

I have two rubs ready for some pork tenderloin that TB will grill, new potatoes, corn on the cob and our friends are bringing a salad. Dessert is fresh fruit (already prepped) and ice cream (already churned).

Mojo marinated, grilled chicken thighs, maduros, black beans and rice.:yum:

I thawed some shredded barbecued beef a few days ago and then DH decided he wanted pizza. So we'll have the beef on burger buns tonight, with green salad on the side.

We had grilled Cornish hen with corn on(off) the cob, and a romaine salad with a few sliced raw veggies and a fairly garlicy- lemony- Greek dressing. I put some garden mint in the dressing too. Ice tea with more lemon and mint.

The freezer produced a dozen jumbo shrimp and one fish filet so...

Fish and shrimp tacos topped with mango salsa...

Will finish off the peach compote on angel food cake with whipped cream..

Ross

I made a batch of tomato sauce today, with San Marzano tomatoes and fresh herbs and red peppers from my garden. I also browned some sweet Italian sausage and everything is simmering in a cast iron dutch oven.

Sausage sliders tonight. Plenty of sausage and sauce for pasta in a few days.

CD

Ate at a little local place that specializes in Italian and regional cuisines. We shared fried green tomatoes on sausage gravy with cheese grits and tasso gravy. Himself had lasagna, one of his favorites. I had citrus marinated hickory grilled chicken breasts with mashed potatoes and broccoli-carrot mix. Everything was yummy. 20170819_215450.jpg

Attachments

• 20170819_214354.jpg
    20170819_214354.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 129
My "regional cuisines" part referred to the part of the U.S. that we're in...which is Tennessee. Which I forgot to mention. Oops. The hickory grill part and the grits/tasso are southern, not Italian. [emoji6]

My "regional cuisines" part referred to the part of the U.S. that we're in...which is Tennessee. Which I forgot to mention. Oops. The hickory grill part and the grits/tasso are southern, not Italian. [emoji6]

Ah, I overlooked the key word, "and," in your post. I ran it all together as "Italian regional cuisines." Oooops. :LOL:

CD

When we were driving across country, we stopped at a truckers' diner. Every single plate, no matter what you ordered, had a serving of grits with it. I ate mine, my oldest son tried his, he ate it, but not with pleasure, and my other child turned her nose up at it. When they are cooked right with some salt in the water, they are not bad. I like them.

Back
Top Bottom