Saturday, 8.27.16, what ya eaten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's called the Sapphire Grill. If you are familiar with Savannah, it's 2 doors down from Paula Deen's place. Funny thing; when we were there a few years ago, Deen's had a line down the block and around the corner to get in. We had to elbow our way through that line to get into the Sapphire. This time, her place wasn't busy at all.

The Sapphire Grill

When we were there last time, there was a young woman Chef d' Cuisine named Brandy. She came out to greet us after the meal. Last night I learned that she is no longer there - she is now the Executive Chef at another local restaurant, Local Eleven-10. Guess where I'm going tomorrow night!

I expect the word has gotten around how blah the food is at Paula's place. I sure was less than impressed.
If you've never been, I suggest Mrs. Wilks for a different experience from the lovely Sapphire Grill, but excellent food. Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room
They are only open for lunch but our tour group had a private very memorable dinner meal there. We still talk about it.

Last edited:
I'll be baking a couple of pounds of bacon. Tonight we'll have BLTs for dinner and the rest of the bacon will be available for future use.

Future use, Andy,..........send to Oman ASAP.......can not get bacon here, well, at least pork kind......however......the turkey bacon is not bad but it's off the market now......Please send.........:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom