Saturday 8/5/2017 What's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Well since I went grocery shopping yesterday there to many choices. I guess it will be a surprise later. :angel::chef:

We are having a Mexican night including custom nachos (refried beans for me, taco meat for TB), guacamole, fresh mango salsa, and apple empanadas for dessert.

I wanted finger food as it is movie night - "The Fate of the Furious"!

Sweet Italian sausage and tomatoes in a cream sauce with fresh tagliatelle, green salad on the side.

I should get one of those DNA tests. Based upon my food preferences, I must have some Italian genes lurking in me, even though my ancestry is reported to be central European.

Have a good smelling pork loin roast going now..

Pulled pork sandwiches (picked up some brioche buns yesterday) baked beans along side..Sliced tomato and avocado as a salad..

Strawberry shortcake for dessert..

Ross

Brined grilled pork chops, potato and Fuji apple gratin, and Brussels sprouts with bacon onion, and balsamic.

Attachments

• 2017-08-05 18.27.01.jpg
    2017-08-05 18.27.01.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 125
Have a good smelling pork loin roast going now..

Pulled pork sandwiches (picked up some brioche buns yesterday) baked beans along side..Sliced tomato and avocado as a salad..

Strawberry shortcake for dessert..

Pulled pork with the loin? Interesting. I would have thought it would be too dry by the time it's pulling temperature. I always use a shoulder for that.

I'm thawing some sauce from the last time I made steamed mussels (white wine, garlic, butter and parsley - couldn't throw it away!) and will steam some more. I'll toast some homemade bread to dip in the sauce and make green salad to go alongside.

WOW!
Everyone's supper's sound ONO (good)!

I've been so busy today!
Found out last night that DH and I will be having 2, count them TWO sets of house guests this up coming week.
So I was shopping and organizing today and cleaning tomorrow, busy busy busy!

Dinner tonight will be leftover Chicken Chili ala k~girl served over steamed white rice, topped with extra chopped raw sweet white onions and some shredded cheese (and here I was going to portion the leftovers off and freeze it last night, good thing I didn't boy).

I might wind up MIA for a bit... carry on

SO is suffering from the green apple quick step today. So I had a couple of hot dogs on griddled buns. She watched.

Pulled pork with the loin? Interesting. I would have thought it would be too dry by the time it's pulling temperature. I always use a shoulder for that.

Funny you should point that out.. :ohmy:

I'm guilty of "ancient age brain freeze"... That point hit me at about the time I was getting my strawberries ready for the later dessert..

Quickly checked the temp of the loin and it was ideal to rest and carve... Slight change in menu... :wacko:

Ross

I had two figs to use up, so we each had another goat cheese stuffed-prosciutto wrapped fig to amuse our mouths ( :ermm: sounds better in French...:huh: ), then we had custom-topped naan bread pizzas. Himself's had ham, pepperoni, red onion, black olives, mushrooms, and fresh tomato. Mine had prosciutto ribbons, fresh tomatoes, black olives, red bell pepper, and fresh mushrooms. Topped both of them with the last of the fresh mozzarella before it was no longer fresh. Dessert much later was small portions of Graeter's vanilla bean ice cream with hot fudge and homemade fresh cherry sauce. It's "sauce" because my very first attempt at preserves didn't set up quite thick enough. :LOL: No matter what its consistency, it is goooooo-ooood!

Attachments

• 20170805_224725.jpg
    20170805_224725.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 20170806_021337.jpg
    20170806_021337.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 109
Funny you should point that out.. :ohmy:

I'm guilty of "ancient age brain freeze"... That point hit me at about the time I was getting my strawberries ready for the later dessert..

Quickly checked the temp of the loin and it was ideal to rest and carve... Slight change in menu... :wacko:

Ross
I'm glad it worked out! [emoji38]

I had two figs to use up, so we each had another goat cheese stuffed-prosciutto wrapped fig to amuse our mouths ( :ermm: sounds better in French...:huh: ), then we had custom-topped naan bread pizzas. Himself's had ham, pepperoni, red onion, black olives, mushrooms, and fresh tomato. Mine had prosciutto ribbons, fresh tomatoes, black olives, red bell pepper, and fresh mushrooms. Topped both of them with the last of the fresh mozzarella before it was no longer fresh. Dessert much later was small portions of Graeter's vanilla bean ice cream with hot fudge and homemade fresh cherry sauce. It's "sauce" because my very first attempt at preserves didn't set up quite thick enough. [emoji38] No matter what its consistency, it is goooooo-ooood!
That sounds delicious. Kudos on the sauce! [emoji2]

Pan fried tilapia filets, Brown rice with dried tomatoes, Spinach.
420 calories, 47g carbs, 25g protein

Attachments

• TilapisFilet BrownRicewithDriedTomato Spinach 20170805.jpg
    TilapisFilet BrownRicewithDriedTomato Spinach 20170805.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom