"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #31
Master Chef
I made one of our all time favorites, scallops in a cream and sherry sauce over linguini. It was to die for, If I do say so myself. Accompanied by roasted asparagus. Whoever said you should only cook and eat locally and in season never lived somewhere anywhere near me. If he did, I'd choke him. With a never in season artichoke!

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:43 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
My experiment worked quite well. I had nearly finished the prep, when I cut my left index finger quite badly. I had to stop and deal with a badly bleeding finger. It hurt like the dickens. I was just going to skip supper, but then I realized that almost all the prep was done. I didn't need to use the knife. So, no mango. But I did add crushed curry leaves. Interesting flavour. Jeez, it's hard to type without the use of one index finger. (I'm a touch typist.)

So supper was stir fried pounded beef strips with carrot and celery, seasoned with chopped chili, coriander, cumin, fennel, curry leaves. Sauced with beef and vegi stock and grated creamed coconut. Served with brown basmati rice.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #33
Executive Chef
My first day of semi food freedom, I am not allowed in the kitchen yet! so my wife spit roasted a oakham chicken in the morning, then for diner stripped all the skin off and made a big salad. I had a breast and a thigh with lots of salad with a Tbls of dressing, one wholemeal roll(no butter) and two pears, it may not sound much but after eating pouches of ready made diet food for 10 weeks it was so so good.
The smell of the bread and chicken cooking drove me I now no how my dog feels when he gets the scraps

I was married by a judge, I should have asked for a jury.
Bolas De Fraile is offline   Reply With Quote