Saturday, April 14th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I came upon the same $9.99 a pound scallop deal as Andy got earlier this week. The fishmonger said that scallops are supposed to be plentiful this year, an overabundance...and that it should translate into even lower prices. I hope so! I much prefer the flavor of scallops to the "deal" of $3.99 a pound lobster.

I fancied up my "Brussels sprouts with bacon, mushrooms, and scallops" dish because of those beauties. I sauteed the mushroom slices in butter/olive oil, simmered them with a bit of dry Sherry, and added a splash of half-and-half. Sauteed shredded sprouts in the bacon fat from the pieces I had cooked, then topped the cooked Brussels spouts with the bacon rather than mixing it in. Crowned the veggies with as nicely seared of scallops as I could make them. We each had one leftover Sister Schubert's rolls that were in the freezer since Easter. Not impressed with Sis's baking...

Oooh....one of my fave seafood dishes! You really took it over the top with the veggies with wine and 1/2 and 1/2, CG, and the scallops look oh-so-perfectly seared. :yum: I'm going to have to check out Albertson's for some this week....

Back
Top Bottom