Saturday, December 2nd, dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
The chicken and dumplings were wonderful last night. I don't make it often, it was a treat. I did raised dinner rolls out of flour/yeast/sugar/salt/water for the dumplings, whereas I usually do just regular biscuits. Cooking all day long may have been the reason that it turned out so well.

I may be returning home today so my dinner plans aren't set at all. Anyone else doing anything?

Blessed weekend to you all.

I can't make up my mind. I've got everything to make a nice stew - maybe with some parsley dumplings. I've also got everything to make a huge pot of stuffed cabbage - it's that time of year!

I guess it will depend on how much running around we have to do today. We've got to find a thermocouple for the oven - D@#$ thing died as I was getting ready to make cornbread the other night. This is a priority!

Pork belly slices, spring greens, sage and onion stuffing (bread dressing I think some of you call it?) with roast potatoes and gravy.

Harborwitch; if it`s the Thermocouple that sits directly in the flames on your oven, sometimes you can trick them into working if you use the chefs type blow-torch on them, they think it`s come up to temp and then switch the gas on, if you keep the oven temp then at a certain level, it`ll work just fine, if you turn the gas too low, they will go back out again, right back to pilot light.

it works as a temp fix for some ovens, might be worth a try, I know I`ve been doing that with ours for the last month+ and it works :)

We're going out to dinner! WOOHOO! I'm already planning a big slab of prime rib...glaaaahh!!!

I guess I will have to feed the kids something or other. No leftovers to scrounge, so likely they will have some homemade mac and cheese and some salad.

We had a great lunch out. I had venison with lentils and butter beans with dauphinoise pots, spinach and green breens and corrots, followed by orange pannacotta w/citrus salad. My guest had sea bass with champagne butter sauce and scallops and the same veg followed by a poached pear w/ butterscotch sauce. great meal.

We raise much pork in midwest America. Every weekday, the stock exchange gives us the price of pork bellies. When this stuff reaches the market, we call it bacon and 14 strips is a package. I liked the menu of serving it as a main dish with greens as a side dish and the onion stuffing (dressing) would make it a meal. I hate finding bacon cooked in my green beans; it changes the whole flavor of the beans. What is in your onion stuffing?

Last edited:
I am going out to dinner with a friend.

He did make reservations at the Sportsmen Lodge and their food is absolutely delicious. After dinner you can go and sit in the bar area where they have dancing.

The company party is tonight. I'm not sure what they'll feed us but, there's an open bar so...who cares! lol!!!

I am not sure, yet. I have the ingredients for pepper steak, but I also bought some homemade pork and chicken tamales at the crafts faire in town, today. The pepper steak over white rice is temping my taste buds and so is the tamales. Decisions can be so hard to make. :huh:

Bacon wrapped chuck tender filet on the grill with some veggies.

Finished off the last of the confit de canard, roast potatoes and the biggest mound ever of spinach. My partner decided he didn't want any spinach at all, so I ate the lot. We need a few days of vegetarian food after all the meat of the last few days.

Similar to YT I had pork chops, bread dressing(stuffing) and baked potatoes.
Have fun Pdswife!

Back
Top Bottom