Saturday dinner, 12-15-2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Linguine with mushrooms (brown) and black garlic (plus sweet onions, regular garlic, fresh basil, and Parm R). Vegetarian as os, vegan if you don't use or substitute cheese.

Attachments

• 2018-12-15 17.29.59.jpg
    2018-12-15 17.29.59.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 129
Nothing tonight..just heading out to an annual gig we play at a local bar..big reunion with many old friends..they all have a great time..I, on the other hand, am working so I don't do a lot of visiting nor do I have many adult beverages..just another night..I may steal a bit off of GF's plate..singing with a full belly never works well..

Good lookin' dinners there, Med and PPO. :yum:

I've been craving a tostada, so that's what it'll be for dinner this afternoon. I'm out of a few of my fave tostada ingredients (fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and Cotija cheese), and didn't want to go to the store, but salsa and packaged Mexican 4-cheese will be good enough. :)

Good lookin' dinners there, Med and PPO. :yum:

I've been craving a tostada, so that's what it'll be for dinner this afternoon. I'm out of a few of my fave tostada ingredients (fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and Cotija cheese), and didn't want to go to the store, but salsa and packaged Mexican 4-cheese will be good enough. :)

Rather messy looking, but it sure was good and satisfied my tostada craving for another month or two. :yum:

Attachments

• tostada (2).jpg
    tostada (2).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 105
Yum, Cheryl, I'd love one of those! I just stuck a frozen Cali Pizza Kitchen pizza in the TO. I added some wild mushrooms.

Pan seared pork tenderloin medallions, roasted spiced potatoes and green peas.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_540f.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_540f.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 110
Nothing tonight..just heading out to an annual gig we play at a local bar..big reunion with many old friends..they all have a great time..I, on the other hand, am working so I don't do a lot of visiting nor do I have many adult beverages..just another night..I may steal a bit off of GF's plate..singing with a full belly never works well..

You old goat, you. I hear ya, though. Sucks to get old.
You need a vacation, man. Worse than me.

Fried mashed potato patties topped with mozzarella and canned “pot roast” soup enhanced with with wild rice and red lentils. Very filling and quite tasty. Mark really loved it, which makes it a success for me!

Oh, and lime jello and oatmeal cranberry cookies for dessert!

I rediscovered jello when I was in hospital. It’s comfort food!

It sounds like you're back home then, Joel? If you mentioned it, I missed it. Dorothy was right, there's no place like home...

...Sucks to get old...
Hey bucky, getting old isn't so bad when you consider the alternative...;)

Linguine with mushrooms (brown)...
From your photo, that should read "mushrooms with linguine...". :yum: Just the way I would like it!

Today was (hopefully) my last run of errands before we leave for OH on Tuesday. By the time I had stopped at five places, one being for gas to fill up the car's tummy, my tummy was reminding me that I had not eaten for hours and hours. My car automatically turned into our favorite Chinese take-out, where I ordered a Pu-Pu serving for Himself, and a combo plate (chicken and cashews, fried rice, egg roll) for me. After my first bite, I found out that the cashier marked my chicken and cashews (#4) as a #3 - General Gau's chicken. WHOA! Spicy, Spicy, SPICY! Himself really loved it. :LOL: In exchange, he gave me the BBQ pork from the bottom of his Pu-Pu box. All was right in our world.

Did I sound old and grumpy ? Thanks for lettIng me know. Ended up at a party after. Will pay for this tomorrow. Could have stayed longer but I have a house full of guests. Figured I should go home. Lol

I am back home home, CG! Somehow it was so anticlimactic that I just never said anything! I’m on one antibiotic and prednisone for the rest of the week; that’s about it. Still taking my OTC cough suppressant/expectorant and Benadryl on top of the scrips. Feeling much better, thanks, and I can’t seem to stop eating!!

Back
Top Bottom