Saturday Dinner 3/31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went freezer diving for Spaghetti sauce and frozen fresh pasta. I love keeping it on hand for first dinners after a trip. ;)

Kauai gave us our best snorkeling ever this time, but it's always good to get my own kitchen and bed back. I almost kissed my gas stove!

Kayelle said:
Went freezer diving for Spaghetti sauce and frozen fresh pasta. I love keeping it on hand for first dinners after a trip. ;)

Kauai gave us our best snorkeling ever this time, but it's always good to get my own kitchen and bed back. I almost kissed my gas stove!

Welcome back, Kayelle! Am eagerly waiting to hear of your snorkeling adventures!

That is such a long flight.

@ Bolas,

Good Afternoon,

How do you brine your turkey ? With citrus, or apple ? Fruit brines have such lovely aromas ...

Kind regards.
Margi.
Margi the brine I used was water,salt,sugar, chicken stock, pepper corns, bay leaves and juniper berries.
I do use a apple juice mix for pork.
I have to say as did our friends that it was fabbo.
Tonight I am grilling 1/2" thick pork shoulder steaks that have been marinading in evoo, lemon juice, black pepper, oregano and a bit of salt for six days.I will post pics:yum:

Chicken Cacciatore

..................... Used bone-in Thighs...................

img_1125328_0_649256eb24d9682b7e1ac4314a8cfc5f.jpg

img_1125328_1_5f89b7c0907f17197941a72c1fc86179.jpg

img_1125328_2_c86fd9bb2b21e93d85960bc2f68ca263.jpg

Except for the pot the marinara sauce was made in, we had a one "pot" meal. That "pot" being the deep fryer. Steak fries, onion rings, motz sticks and chicken wings.:yum: Part of a freezer cleansing, except it made a very small dent.

Last edited:
Welcome back, Kayelle! Am eagerly waiting to hear of your snorkeling adventures!

That is such a long flight.

Dawg, here's where we spent much of our time under a Sea Grape tree, or in the water at Lawai beach next to The Beach House restaurant. Check it out. ;)

Attachments

• P3260034.jpg
    P3260034.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 143
  • P3260039.jpg
    P3260039.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 151
Ohhhh. Lovely, Kayelle! Got me some new travel fins, and a new mask box, I'm ready! So sorry Koloa Landing didn't work out.

Didja get to Barking Sands beach?

Dawg, here's where we spent much of our time under a Sea Grape tree, or in the water at Lawai beach next to The Beach House restaurant. Check it out. ;)

Ya know yer just showing off now right... :)

Looks pretty alright to me...

I wish you could go there too Frank! Kathleen would love it.
We had a gorgeous one bedroom condo about a mile from that beach. It is a real find, and a bargain to boot. Anyone who wants more info on it just hollar!

Back
Top Bottom